Hurricane Sandy

MJCRO

Just got power back, THANK GOD. But internet, tv and phone are still all down for the time being. Android tethering activated. biggrin.gif

I love tethering. :lol: Good times back in high school. :lol:

I love tethering. :lol: Good times back in high school. :lol:

Yeah it's actually pretty quick on my GNexus. Just happy to have lights in my house dude. lol2.gif There are lines of people waiting to get gas at the gas stations in my town

Yeah it's actually pretty quick on my GNexus. Just happy to have lights in my house dude. lol2.gif There are lines of people waiting to get gas at the gas stations in my town

We used to have a 2002 BMW 745i back when hurricanes used to hit in Florida (back in the days). The car had a 25 gallon fuel tank. We'd fill it up and then siphon it to run a generator. :lol: As long as you stock up early, you're good.

Day Four without power (at my brother's again, using his Internet, but mostly just came here to take a hot shower).

This sucks. Went over 8 days without power from Irene and this may be even worse (LIPA expects the majority of power to be restored by NEXT weekend with a few stragglers for another week. I'm going to kill them).

Wait wait wait. Didn't they learn anything from Irene about how to fix stuff in a timely fashion? The possibility of being without power for two weeks is insane.

Apparently not. Apparently our governor has had some harsh things to say about LIPA, so we'll see if anything happens because of it. LIPA accounted for half the outages in all of NY. Granted we're surrounded by water, so it makes sense we got hit harder, but the response has been subpar at best.

Apparently not. Apparently our governor has had some harsh things to say about LIPA, so we'll see if anything happens because of it. LIPA accounted for half the outages in all of NY. Granted we're surrounded by water, so it makes sense we got hit harder, but the response has been subpar at best.

Sounds like when New Mexico was hit with the blizzard two Februarys ago and the two main suppliers of power for the state weren't prepared at all. Our governor blasted one of them pretty hard in a speech, so then things got going quicker. Luckily my house isn't supplied by either of the two main ones, so I had power and water. :lol:

Sounds like when New Mexico was hit with the blizzard two Februarys ago and the two main suppliers of power for the state weren't prepared at all. Our governor blasted one of them pretty hard in a speech, so then things got going quicker. Luckily my house isn't supplied by either of the two main ones, so I had power and water. :lol:

well you're lucky you have options...we have to deal with a monopoly. Apparently anti-trust laws don't apply anymore?