It's Official!

BluePanda

Well, look on the bright side. You could work with them there to come up with a new redundancy system called a Waco Array that will survive even you.

So classify everything as an end-user problem and you're good :P

Very true -- just have an addendum that covers Waco Error.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not official by any means yet but it looks like I scored a position in the HPC division as well! :D

Filesystem guru I will be. :lol:

Congrats! So, Filesystem guru and not Firesystem guru? :P

In a lab class I once got myself listed as a source of error on everyone's reports. I am proud of that :bow:

I'd find that hard to believe if it was anyone but you. :lol:

If there is another Los Alamos fire I'm totally blaming you Waco!

Grats Panda! Good luck on the move and the new job. Please keep Waco out of trouble. At least you guys will be tucked in the mountain.

It's not official by any means yet but it looks like I scored a position in the HPC division as well! :D

Filesystem guru I will be. :lol:

Remember, just because it works doesn't mean you can't fix it...or something like that...never really listened to it anyway, stuff can always be fixed :lol:

Anyway good luck to both of you, if you get snowed in at any point, give Waco an AMD Radeon and you'll be on your way in no time, even I manage to cook them :teehee:

isn't los alamos near the black mesa lambda complex ?

Ever wondered why all the trees are burnt? :teehee:

Edited by EuroFight

The "Waco Array"...I like it. :lol:

Fully redundant and capable of sustaining total HDD failure without data loss! :teehee:

and it can remote access sectors of every networked hd in the facility creating a giant virtual jbod, controlled and overseen by one man, of course...

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, it's a thread necro, but I think this is interesting enough to post anyway.

Just read from a news release from LANL that apparently heat pipes, those things we count and care about in our coolers, where invented there in 1963. At least the form they take in our coolers are from there. I didn't know that even if some of you did. Probably won't help keep Waco from setting something on fire though.

It doesn't ;have to be necro -- actually it's quite "new" in the fact that Waco and I will be starting work in the next month....AHHHHH

Packing, Christmas, Packing, CES, Packing, Really Moving, Working -- WOOTING

FYI -- Waco got his OFFICIAL offer letter today...

So now it's Official Official, Official? lol :)

YAY!!

I wonder when was the last time LANL tested their fire suppression systems? Well, the next test is going to be soon!

Congrats man! Won't say I'd kill for a job at a lab like that, just in case you mysteriously go missing in the near future....