MJCRO

How many people are getting Windows 8?

101 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting Windows 8?

That's super useful...not.

Have you actually used it? File Explorer, File Transfer, and Task Manager are all better and you pretty much use them like everyday. You can also sync settings across Microsoft account, similar to Google account. Bunch of other stuff they did.

Edited by AZNguyen

Does Windows still reboot automatically for updates whenever you are doing something that is of paramount importance that you've inevitably forgotten to save?

I get it free from school all I have to do is be bothered to download it. I doubt I'll actually purchase it.

Why will you purchase it if you get it free from school? :blink:

Does Windows still reboot automatically for updates whenever you are doing something that is of paramount importance that you've inevitably forgotten to save?

Windows usually asks you if you want to reboot or postpone it after updates. It shouldn't be automatic without user input.

You can disable that "feature" quite easily.

Windows usually asks you if you want to reboot or postpone it after updates. It shouldn't be automatic without user input.

^ This +1

I've never had Windows 7 reboot itself after installing automatic updates. Always prompts whether you want to reboot now or reboot later, then gives you the option on reminders.

Why will you purchase it if you get it free from school? :blink:

Because it is only a single license which entitles me to use it on a single machine. If I wanted (big IF) it on another system, I would have to purchase it.

^^ Oh ok. I've said that because I saw my dream spark account got 4 keys and thought that it might be same for you.

^^ Oh ok. I've said that because I saw my dream spark account got 4 keys and thought that it might be same for you.

Technically I get 2 copies. One from DreamSpak which is a full install and one from a similar site which is only the upgrade version. I'll probably download the full version, burn it to disk and forget about it.

Just to piss off all the reviewers I think we should do a nice big review of Windows 8 getting the opinions of several reviewers.

Just to piss off all the reviewers I think we should do a nice big review of Windows 8 getting the opinions of several reviewers.

untitle.JPG

Edited by d6bmg