How many people are getting Windows 8?

MJCRO

101 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting Windows 8?

Yes, but only because I've got Start8 and it gets rid of everything Metro and I have a start button/menu again. Also, I have an MSDN Subscription so it's free, so why not? I like the new explorer look/features and task manager/file transfer are much more informative/pretty.

Good news, I knew there'd be a solution to mandatory Metro. This may change my "No" to "Eventually"....maybe. And most of that's just because I haven't had a fresh install since 2 OS drives back (300GB VelociRaptor) so why not make it even more worthwhile.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

If you had asked me a month ago I would have said no but today after using it and letting me have a chance to really explore it I have to say yes.

I think you've unknowingly touched on the problem with most people in this thread - they're simply going by what they've read, like a bunch of sheep.

Reminds me about everything they said before Vista release: "omg, the UAC ruins everything! Vista sucks!"...."oh, you can turn that off?"..."well, whatever, it still sucks!"

I ordered a Windows 8 Professional upgrade with DVD for $38.88 from Micro Center. I don't know if I will install it, but I figure I can always get my money back if I want to sell it.

Phil

For my main system, no. for backup/spare system maybe (currently have a pre-release ver on one of my systems, seems stable just dont like the interface). btw I had no problems with vista (after sp1) so eventually.. who knows.

I think you've unknowingly touched on the problem with most people in this thread - they're simply going by what they've read, like a bunch of sheep.

Reminds me about everything they said before Vista release: "omg, the UAC ruins everything! Vista sucks!"...."oh, you can turn that off?"..."well, whatever, it still sucks!"

I agree but I think there is another reason as well. When you look at the complaints from most gearheads it revolves around the interface. They either do not like the look or the function but it is always about the interface. Lets face it, the core interface of Windows has not changed for 20 years and a lot of people do not like change.

If they spent time looking at the actual OS, other than the interface they would see a very solid upgrade from Windows 7 at the core.

I won't be upgrading to Windows 8 anytime soon, not because I hate it (or think I hate It) but because I see no need. If I had a decent touchscreen monitor then I'd probably try it, the reviews are mixed, but it's unfortunately the way things are going. I still use Vista on my laptop, I don't game on it but it does everything else flawlessly, why upgrade?