How many people are getting Windows 8?

MJCRO

101 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting Windows 8?

Had to try it when my company bought a new laptop. My trying to get things figured out so my office manager could take it on vacation did not go well. It seems like it and is known to be optimized for touch screens. The Metro UI is a waste of time to me. Having to go online just to figure out how to close programs means no productivity and more wasted time. I think I will stop there before my typing gets to atrocious.

I have found it works better for basic users like grandparents and small kids. Put just what they need access to on the Start Screen and they are all set. I have also found that on my TV when I use a PC I like the Start Screen better, easier to move around.

Really?? Unless you are using touch panel in those laptop I don't understand how they can find Win 8 amusing.

I've been running it since RTM, for about a week or so during that time I used Win7.. couldn't stand it and went back to 8.

Love some of the changes in 8, especially the new explorer. Plus theres nothing thats been removed that makes me rage and go back to the inferior 7 anyway.

As much as I dont like it my Core i7 SSD equipped laptop boots to desktop in between 8 and 9 seconds. About as close to instant on as I have seen with a laptop. The UI and navigation are still troublesome for me but once I learn my way around it should not prove that bad off actually. I played with the beta releases and did not like it but it is strangely growing on me. 

I kind of have the same feeling, I put 8 on my gamming system and it seems to do ok for the most part, I still run in to thing's that are annoying or end up being more difficult then they need to be though. I guess your milage will vary depending on how you use your system.

better then 7? I'd have to say no, it does seem to load faster which is a plus though.

The biggest misconception about win8 is "its great on touch" pffft

its excellent in a desktop environment as well.

Yup using Windows 8 right now. Got used to it and wouldn't go back to 7

Don't you just love the new explorer?

Oh really.

We have had close to 70 laptops returned from old folks. So far I have not met one old person that has enjoyed it at all. They either want a Win 7 Laptop or 8 deleted and Win 7 installed.

Its frusting and very time consuming :(

A lot of this is just ignorance of the OS. When I take about 30 minutes and show them how to use it, every client I have has been happy with it.

Oh really.

We have had close to 70 laptops returned from old folks. So far I have not met one old person that has enjoyed it at all. They either want a Win 7 Laptop or 8 deleted and Win 7 installed.

Its frusting and very time consuming :(

A lot of this is just ignorance of the OS. When I take about 30 minutes and show them how to use it, every client I have has been happy with it.

I wouldn't say that. You take 70+ year old people and give them a big change they don't like it. I can't blame them to be honest. They are used to seeing the start menu and it being easy to find things, I can see Win 8 being overwhelming to some people. I know there was a few instances of older software not working but worked fine on Win 7. Oh the joys of new OS's haha.

No...Windows 8 has a built in coded privacy breach that enables Microsoft to turn off applications in your PC remotely. Which is patterned from Android OS, and the thousand ubsurd permissions you have to allow just to install 3rd party software. Windows 8 is faster than Windows 7 in several ways after an original untouched install. Windows 8 inconvenienced everyone by releasing an OS that tried to accommodate 3 different computer designs, desktop, desktop touchscreen, and its development towards portable units.

In my opinion Microsoft should have released a service pack 2 for Win7 that allowed for the choice of enabling touchscreen use. At one time Service Packs were were almost the size of the original OS install, with small patches released in between. Windows 8 sales couldn't be worse if you tried. Windows Blue is the only chance Microsoft has to recover as 45% of commercial/corporate customers still use XP, and its support ends in 12 months.

In my opinion Microsoft should have released a service pack 2 for Win7 that allowed for the choice of enabling touchscreen use. At one time Service Packs were were almost the size of the original OS install, with small patches released in between. Windows 8 sales couldn't be worse if you tried. Windows Blue is the only chance Microsoft has to recover as 45% of commercial/corporate customers still use XP, and its support ends in 12 months.

ummm. Windows 7 also supported touchscreen?

and service packs don't add features these days IIRC