panjang110

low fps on an 8 year old game

hi guys, i just installed Star Wars Knight Of The Old Republic game but i'm getting average 25-30 fps and sometimes even lower with my on board HD3300, 8 years ago i get at least 50-60fps out of my old P4 and geforce 4Ti....is this some sort of a driver issue or just some setting problem? i have tried running it in all windows compatibility mode and it's still the same :down:

i think hd3300 is faster cause i remember going from a vanilla 6600 to HD3300 gave me almost 25-35% more performance ...

well unfortunately the game only support up to 1280x1024 res, even at low 800x600 the fps is still the same and i'm not getting any improvement... i think amd chip doesn't like old OpenGL games cause i've just put in my old 8800gt and i get 100++ fps...

Just before anyone suggests it and you ruin your chip; of you ar using the Northwood architecture, be VERY careful increasing voltage when overclocking :thumbsup: