Iron Man 3

bp9801

The suit with the red, white, and blue theme is called Iron Patriot. Rather lengthy story arc about it in the comics I won't get in to, but in Iron Man 3 it's the new paint scheme for War Machine (worn by Lt. Col. James Rhodes).

Fair enough. Either way its looking good. Can't wait to see Tony Stark doing yet another good Robert Downey Jr. impersonation.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think with all that CGI the editing would be completed. I wish film companies could release movies 2 months after filming ends instead of 12 months.

Granted this is the far extreme and no other movie so far has had the budget Avatar did but here is what post production was like on Avatar:

24 frames in 1 second

1 frame took 57 hours

So it took 1,368 hours for merely 1 second of footage. Just because something is CGI doesn't mean it is always quick. It can take awhile depending how much attention to detail they want to spend. But this is also why Avatar also had a special IMAX showing that no other movie has had (IMAX 3D +), with the + being the difference. The difference between IMAX 3D and IMAX 3D + was actually quite large.

We probably won't see a movie with that kind of budget for awhile. Still CGI, even for lower end budgets takes some time. I find it impressive we have TV shows (Transformers Prime and Dragons) that provide as good of quality of CGI as they do.

Well it's no The Hobbit, but it still looks pretty damn good :D

:withstupid:

So looking forward to The Hobbit!

iron man or captain america?

:lol: I thought the same. I haven't been much of a Iron Man fan so I don't know the background history behind him like I do some of the other characters. If there is a lone character sequel from the Avengers I want to see most, it would be The Hulk espcially since Mark Ruffalo knocked it out of the park in The Avengers.

:lol: I thought the same. I haven't been much of a Iron Man fan so I don't know the background history behind him like I do some of the other characters. If there is a lone character sequel from the Avengers I want to see most, it would be The Hulk espcially since Mark Ruffalo knocked it out of the park in The Avengers.

The suit with the red, white, and blue theme is called Iron Patriot. Rather lengthy story arc about it in the comics I won't get in to, but in Iron Man 3 it's the new paint scheme for War Machine (worn by Lt. Col. James Rhodes).

:whistling:

I saw your post but it didn't stop my initial thought (which happened before I saw your post), so... :P

:lol: Yeah, I do hope we get a new Hulk movie with Mark Ruffalo before The Avengers 2. He's perfect for the role imo and far surpassed my initial skepticism over his casting.

Yeah I FINALLY saw The Avengers last weekend and he was a great Hulk... I was nervous they'd have a problem replacing as good a Hulk as Norton, but he most definitely met or exceeded the bar :)

Looking forward to this too!

:lol: Yeah, I do hope we get a new Hulk movie with Mark Ruffalo before The Avengers 2. He's perfect for the role imo and far surpassed my initial skepticism over his casting.

Yeah I FINALLY saw The Avengers last weekend and he was a great Hulk... I was nervous they'd have a problem replacing as good a Hulk as Norton, but he most definitely met or exceeded the bar :)

Same. I was really dreading to go see Avengers because Norton nailed that movie and I just couldn't see anyone else playing Banner. But wow, Ruffalo NAILED IT! I like how they changed the CGI Hulk to look a lot like Ruffalo. Looks like he ate some bad green eggs and ham and is really pissed now.

Same. I was really dreading to go see Avengers because Norton nailed that movie and I just couldn't see anyone else playing Banner. But wow, Ruffalo NAILED IT! I like how they changed the CGI Hulk to look a lot like Ruffalo. Looks like he ate some bad green eggs and ham and is really pissed now.

Yeah really, I lol'd at the Loki beat down scene

• 4 months later...