AMD Catalyst 12.11 Update

Looks like AMD's meeting expectations again.

Or nVidia's. That clock locking issue John_Again mentioned sounds a lot like the issue I had across multiple released nVidia drivers. At least these are beta AMD drivers.

Edit: And, coincidentally, the clocks on my GTS 250 are now locked at its 2D speeds. nVidia never fixed the problem I've been happening, they just shifted it from affecting my primary GTX 570 to my secondary GTS 250. An improvement, but not a solution.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think I will notice anything with my MSI 6950 Twin Frozr III?

Thanks.

I think the main improvements were because they tweaked the drivers specifically for the CGN... you probably wont :(

From the opening post - http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Catalyst_12.11_Performance/24.html

Edited by DanTheGamer11

The New Beta drivers can be found in the official AMD site!

As for 4000/5000/6000 series i read that there is no difference... but who knows till you try it for yourself! i have a 5850, and i ll check it in a day or two!

and @ Monkson

Reviewer states that he saw no difference in performance for his 6970.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Catalyst_12.11_Performance/24.html

I wonder if this is like a couple of years ago, they bragged about performance. Then they were caught removing images and not filling in stuff to get better numbers :rofl:

Anyways if they are able to get good drivers all the power too them, about time is all I can say.

The better the drivers the better for the consumers :)