AMD Catalyst 12.11 Update

First, be sure to uninstall any existing Nvidia or AMD drivers properly. For AMD, use this guide: http://www.overclock.net/t/988215/how-to-properly-uninstall-ati-amd-software-drivers-for-graphics-cards

For Nvidia, uninstall via Control Panel, use driver sweeper, then install.

To overclock to the max settings, you'll need to edit your MSI Afterburner's config files: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=338906 - Basically, if you can't go past certain clock speeds, set your MSI Afterburner config file to add the EULA and set overclocking to 1 or 2 (will get to that in a minute). It should look like this:

[ATIADLHAL]
UnofficialOverclockingEULA = I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
UnofficialOverclockingMode = 2

The 12.11 beta3 drivers will cause your 2D clocks to drop to 300MHz with drops in VDDC Current and Current In when you try to overclock, so that's why you'd set your UnofficialOverclockingMode to 2. That means during idle, you're still in your overclocked state and your Clock Speeds will stay at whatever you set it to, just FYI.

Then, you'll need to move these files on the net (easy to find, or just send me your e-mail):

atipdl64.dll - to - \Windows\system32\

atipdlxx.dll - to - \Windows\SysWOW64\

Reboot.

Then right-click Properties for MSI Afterburner and add in after the MSIAfterburner.exe" in the Target field: /XCL

Hit OK.

Launch MSI Afterburner. It will pop up a message. Click OK and remove the /XCL in the Target field and reboot.

When you launch MSI Afterburner again, you can overclock to your heart's delight.

Thanks a lot for this guide. Ill follow all those steps tomorrow and see how it goes.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images