Project CARS

DanTheGamer11

Hi guys,

Im a community member from Project CARS, just registered in order to clear any doubts or questions you might have about the game. I also appreciate the news @ OCC.

The deformation you seen in the videos arent yet done in most of the cars, currently only the Caterham R500 and the Audi A4 TDM have proper deformations since they are models in a already advanced stage in development, heres a picture of a caterham R500 after a race.

Screenshot66718.jpg

The game is meant to be a Racing Simulator, no matter what you hear around the web thats what SMS is targeting to achieve. Yes they made Shift and Shift 2 Unleashed but in this case they developed what EA asked for, not what they wanted to and this is one of the reasons why they decided to start this project.

Recently there were some good critics about the physics from the guys at Inside Sim Racing in a early version of the game that you can watch here from 12:30 onward.

Any questions or doubts im here to help.

+1 for proactive community members, we really appreciate your time :)

• Like 1

Agreed! The game looks excellent, and even though I do not really play race simulators, I have to say that it does look astounding. I am sure that the game play would be amazing as well. Also, as the others have said, thank you for reaching out to another community, it shows dedication, support, and care; something most developers simply do not have.

Agreed! The game looks excellent, and even though I do not really play race simulators, I have to say that it does look astounding. I am sure that the game play would be amazing as well. Also, as the others have said, thank you for reaching out to another community, it shows dedication, support, and care; something most developers simply do not have.

Thank you but beware that i do not work for the developers im a community member with alot of passion for the work the developers have done and the whole concept behind Project CARS and willing to help them out the best way possible. :)

Understood, and I probably should have worded my post a bit different. Either way, to have someone come out onto another community to help answer questions, just in light of a game, is not something many people do. Even when most people are passionate about said game.

No, they wont be included due to the high demands in terms of processing power required to be able to handle 32 cars physics. Its just impossible with any current generation hardware to handle it.

There will be some deformation on the cars but nothing as detailed as rig of rods.

So will the conditions alter the gameplay too? You know rain=more slippery conditions etc? Will we get visor effects(the driver wears a helmet I persume) such as water spray on higher difficulties?

Yes, conditions already affect gameplay and once the new tire model is fully implemented it is expected to react as it should, aquaplaning will happen naturally in rainy conditions.

The current weather system also affects the tires and brake temperatures, so a summer race at 1pm will cause the tires to heat up faster than a race during the winter at the same time, it is dependant on the geographic position of each track.

There will be visor effects, they actually shown us @ the forums some videos of how it will look and it will be pretty amazing since the water dropplets react as they should in real life. Theres some water droplets already on the chassis but very wip.

Screenshot33159.jpg

I cant show the videos of the effects since they are still internal, the devs havnt gave permission yet to show it.

2012-10-17_00002.jpg2012-10-17_00005.jpg2012-10-17_00006.jpg2012-10-17_00008.jpg

2012-10-17_00009.jpg2012-10-17_00011.jpg2012-10-17_00012.jpg2012-10-17_00013.jpg2012-10-17_00014.jpg2012-10-17_00015.jpg

2012-10-17_00016.jpg2012-10-17_00017.jpg2012-10-17_00018.jpg2012-10-17_00019.jpg2012-10-17_00020.jpg2012-10-17_00021.jpg

Theres a new video out by Jonz (a community member) showing the new weather and wet track effects!

vimeo.com/51899502

Edited by Bruno Alexandre