Project CARS

DanTheGamer11

Looks pretty sweet though I usually get bored pretty quick of racing games. What game out now would be kind of similar to this? Like a more realistic GT/Forza type but for PC?

Actually I just looked in my steam library and it appears I bought GRID at some point. I just don't remember when :lol: . I installed Dirt 3 the other day along with a bunch of others on my laptop to play when i'm deployed...guess i'll toss GRID on there too.

Edited by Coors

Hi guys,

Im a community member from Project CARS, just registered in order to clear any doubts or questions you might have about the game. I also appreciate the news @ OCC.

The deformation you seen in the videos arent yet done in most of the cars, currently only the Caterham R500 and the Audi A4 TDM have proper deformations since they are models in a already advanced stage in development, heres a picture of a caterham R500 after a race.

Screenshot66718.jpg

The game is meant to be a Racing Simulator, no matter what you hear around the web thats what SMS is targeting to achieve. Yes they made Shift and Shift 2 Unleashed but in this case they developed what EA asked for, not what they wanted to and this is one of the reasons why they decided to start this project.

Recently there were some good critics about the physics from the guys at Inside Sim Racing in a early version of the game that you can watch here from 12:30 onward.

Any questions or doubts im here to help.

Edited by Bruno Alexandre

Thanks for clearing that up, I wasn't giving up on hope that the damage engine was still being worked on and that it would be better in the final product. That was simply my biggest gripe, the game looks solid other than that!

Its understandable, i think the fact that you can follow a game progress since the beginning (instead of having beta of a game fully developed), being able to talk directly to the developers and get feedback in return is something new for the new generation of gamers and might cause some mixed feelings in terms of opinion about the game.

I appreciate your comment about the game, if you want some pictures or more info just say so.

I will be around again in aprox 6 hours, time to sleep :)

Edited by Bruno Alexandre