Request to Gtx 680 users.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just ran it three times on my desktop and got:

As you can see it's normal for there to be slight variances. Just like an olympic runner isn't always going to have exactly the same time, or a drag car isn't going to always have the same time...these synthetic benchmarks aren't an exact science and 1+1 doesn't always = 2. As others have said your system is performing like it should. Stop worrying about meaningless benchmarks and play some games. ;)

Your differences in scores are ok. Not like my 50+-. Your scores variant are ok, 20-+.

Your differences in scores are ok. Not like my 50+-. Your scores variant are ok, 20-+.

Simple resolution to all your issues:

1) Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall Programs > 3DMark 11

2) Stop worrying about scores

OR

1) Put card in USPS box

2) Send to El_Captain

3) Buy $30 card

4) Quit complaining

Muchoman already explained that. My 6970s don't work the same as a 680. The clock speed doesn't adjust based on the temps of the cards. The 680s do. A 20 point spread or a 50 point spread in a synthetic benchmark doesn't really mean anything. Try some actual game benchmarks back to back and I bet you'll find that it equates to very little difference in FPS. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

You've complained about this before.....

to quote a previous thread

Seems normal to me. Variations like that are very common and nothing to be worried about.

Three words, Dynamic Boost Clock

There is nothing wrong with your card

Your card is bad. Sell it to me for $250. :P

There is nothing wrong with your card

Large and in red may help you understand. The benchmarks are synthetic tests which always have variation and thanks to the new dynamic clocks the variation tends to be a bit more.

:withstupid:

Yep, all 5 680s i have run have all had differing scores, even same model ones (evga superclock signature2)

There is nothing wrong at all.

Now SLI them and push some sweet benches :evilgrin:

Wow. No. It's been said many times already there's nothing wrong with your card. Are you really that worried about LESS than 1% variation?

Let me try this in Blue:

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with your card.

ever heard the phrase "within a margin of error?".

Something's wrong with your card. sell it to me for $250 before it loses its value!

My turn for green since he does have a Nvidia card :D

But seriously, its fine. Soon you're gonna be asking why you dont get 100% FPS doubling in games and benchmarks because you have two 680s :whistling::lol:

OK thx guys for all, for replies. Now i am more patient.:)

That's good because you were getting pretty close to exhausting our patience levels asking the same question over and over :) ........................... JK - we never run out of patience........................... or do we?

However, welcome to OCC. Hope you hang around.

yes i was just scared about results on my 1 card. I mean about that differences larger than second card. But you tell me , that is nothing wrong with that i am patient now.

Ahhh you understand now....

I mean scores on my first card,like : 9458 to 9399 then 9438 to 9396 , then 9436 to 9391 and 9391 to 9442 are OK or not good ? I mean that variant score points differences.

While on second card i have smaller differences ,see :

9417 ->9427 --> 9414 --> 9438 -->9428

What do you think about first card?

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

You know what... You obviously are not listening so why dont you just sell your card to El_Capitan for $250 before your scores get worse

Edit :

Maybe yellow will make you understand ...

Or maybe purple...

what just happened to patience?

Sorry i am just worried , but ok if you say that all is ok , it must be ok:)

Your card is bad, sell it to me for $250 or it will just get worse, and you won't be able to RMA it!

Hehe:) Sorry no:)

Nothing wrong with your card. All 5 680s I have benched have had plenty of score variation. It's a combination of dynamic clock + other pc factors (background programs etc) + wizards.

If your still not happy ill buy them off you for $260

I'll buy it for $265!

hehe sorry guys:) I will better play some game, maybe:)

Another take on different scores could be cpu related as at different times programs running using a small bit of cpu time and bus. Being numbers that close its well within variance from chip to chip

Well he's looking at less than 1% variation. :lol: In any other field that'd be amazing!

Stop asking the same question when you have the answer a hundread times over. I am close to reporting you to mods as a troll.

Stoner

Muchoman already explained that. My 6970s don't work the same as a 680. The clock speed doesn't adjust based on the temps of the cards. The 680s do. A 20 point spread or a 50 point spread in a synthetic benchmark doesn't really mean anything. Try some actual game benchmarks back to back and I bet you'll find that it equates to very little difference in FPS. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

+1, actual performance in games should be all you care about...don't care about synthetic benchmarks

50 points out of 9500 is only .5%. POUNT FIVE PERCENT.

That's nothing. Stop worrying.

50 points out of 9500 is only .5%. POUNT FIVE PERCENT.

That's nothing. Stop worrying.

But that means mine is a .2% difference. THATS MORE THAN DOUBLE THE DIFFERENCE!!!

:teehee: