Build For My Son

steve burnell

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

might need a 4 pin to 8 pin power adapter though, just looked at the pics for the motherboard and it has got an 8 pin 12v connector :(

damn i've been out of pc building for a while lol, is this normal now to have a 8 pin 12v ?

There are a lot of newer motherboards out there that have the 8-pin aux atx plug. Many of them come with a removable plastic or rubber cover that protects the optional "extra" four pins. If there isn't a cover you can check you m/b manual and see if a full 8-pin connection is mandatory or not. If the m/b manual clearly states that the 8-pin has to be connected, then an adapter will work fine.

well the parts arrived on monday!!

built the machine, not bad at all, got it booted using just the 4 pin 12v it is a little sluggish but i expect that to be because of only having the 1x 4 pin 12v connector, got a converter being delivered and ill see what its like after

not done any benchmarks or anything yet just been transferring files and installing stuff. kids very happy with it not he can play the games he wanted lol

well the parts arrived on monday!!

built the machine, not bad at all, got it booted using just the 4 pin 12v it is a little sluggish but i expect that to be because of only having the 1x 4 pin 12v connector, got a converter being delivered and ill see what its like after

not done any benchmarks or anything yet just been transferring files and installing stuff. kids very happy with it not he can play the games he wanted lol

Glad you got it sorted and your son is happy :)

Euro