Kylothian

Memory... memory and memory... im lost

Hail and kill peeps

I recently upgraded to intel running a i7 2600 with a z68 board, along with 8gb of dominator corsair ram. but half of my ram recently died going to replace it but im looking to upgrade to 16 of ram, im running vm's and stuffs like that so my ram usage is quite high...

Ive looked at two sets of ram, my choices so far are :

1. : G.Skill RipJaws Z 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 [F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL]

2. : Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 [ME-C4V16X9x4]

I prefer g.ksill or corsair for its brands that i trust. Im not to clued up on vengenge ram dunno if its any good.

Any advice would be appreciated

THanks in advance :popcorn:

Where are you from that those are the only two choices??

Personally Corsair was the only memory company I've owned that has had a stick die on me so, I'd still buy the just thought I'd say that.

Memory is memory is memory IMHO.

I've had a G.Skill stick die on me. Bad memory happens to even the best companies. Both G.Skill and Corsair are great companies for RAM. The Vengence RAM is also very good.

Memory is memory. As long as it is compatible you're fine.

im from south africa

I have checked out kingston and patriot and all that but kingston i dont trust to many issues, and patriot i can get like 2133mhz ram but thats a waste of money as im never going to use it.

I could go for value select ram but gskill just will look much cooler with my setup :D I might be going with the vengence option dunno how the ram is. Im happy with my dominator ram but getting 16gb of it is going to be to expensive vengence and ripjaws are in my budget range. but as you said memory is prolly just memory.... might be going with the vengence option as they have lifetime warranty

will look around still

any recommendations welcome :cheers:

Not sure what your price point is but im a big fan of mushkin ram. Never had a problem with them and they overclock like mad, look into the blackline or redline.

Mushkin, G-skill, Corsair are all good brands and i would run any of there sets. Its really up to you, Whatever your price is look for whatever speed you want and then the best timing and your all set.

Riddle me this, what is the absolute cheapest 1600mhz, 4x4GB, and CL9 set of memory available?

Hail and kill peeps

I recently upgraded to intel running a i7 2600 with a z68 board, along with 8gb of dominator corsair ram. but half of my ram recently died going to replace it but im looking to upgrade to 16 of ram, im running vm's and stuffs like that so my ram usage is quite high...

Ive looked at two sets of ram, my choices so far are :

1. : G.Skill RipJaws Z 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 [F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL]

2. : Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 [ME-C4V16X9x4]

I prefer g.ksill or corsair for its brands that i trust. Im not to clued up on vengenge ram dunno if its any good.

Any advice would be appreciated

THanks in advance :popcorn:

Vengeance is great ram

I have had good luck with Kingston, Corsair, Gskill, Geil, PNY, and others since the days of SDRam for DDR 3 I have used Gskill and Corsair no problems on either brand really