WTF. Am I cursed?

Fragsman

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fan blades do move both that way if you try to push/pull it with your hands while at rest. but if it moves or wobbles while running, you've got a fan to go.

yeah i think the movement is occuring while spinning too.. i have observe better.. i just woke up (i was kinda sleepy) and saw it was failing... and doing a lot of crash-noise "hitting against something" then i turned off pc and came to work.

I will do my best to make it work properly again..

^ I hope not!!!!!!!.. I'm going LV soon, perhaps is easy to find in USA but no way i'm going to come with such big thing in my bag.. 23cm.. and shipping one... kind of "NVM".. my country is having HELL problems with shipments due to a mothercraper in this goverment.. he became crapin crazy and is stopping a lot of things in ADUANA so it might stuck there for undefinitely time. For example, my cousin received a GIFT from spain. She had to pay 100% of the price of the item in taxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 100% WTF (item was already paid it was a gift)?? This is madness...

I finally Lubed it with some "lubber".. the one for general purposes and well.. I've observed DEFINITELY an uneven movement .. you know if you see the blades from the side is like ~~~~

But after lubed FAN is working way better.. movement is still a bit ~~~ but it seems that working faster the uneven movement is less and is not touching any sides anymore (FOR NOW at least).

Edited by loco_frags

^ I hope not!!!!!!!.. I'm going LV soon, perhaps is easy to find in USA but no way i'm going to come with such big thing in my bag.. 23cm.. and shipping one... kind of "NVM".. my country is having HELL problems with shipments due to a mothercraper in this goverment.. he became crapin crazy and is stopping a lot of things in ADUANA so it might stuck there for undefinitely time. For example, my cousin received a GIFT from spain. She had to pay 100% of the price of the item in taxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 100% WTF (item was already paid it was a gift)?? This is madness...

I finally Lubed it with some "lubber".. the one for general purposes and well.. I've observed DEFINITELY an uneven movement .. you know if you see the blades from the side is like ~~~~

But after lubed FAN is working way better.. movement is still a bit ~~~ but it seems that working faster the uneven movement is less and is not touching any sides anymore (FOR NOW at least).

It's likely from wear on the bearings then. It will likely cause additional wear because of the vibrations but shouldn't wear too fast while it has enough oil.

if you dont mind, i dont know about how shopping PC parts in Argentina like. but you have a nice decent rig and i wonder where/how you acquired those.

dont you have those computer stores/shops around where you can pick-up your needed PC parts/peripherals? at the malls maybe? :dunno:

but for sure you've got a worn out shaft/bearings/bushings inside that fan, lube might silenced it temporarily yet the noise and wobbling will be back sooner.

if you failed to find any of those 230mm; 140/200mm will do anyways. long as you have a good working fan than dead ones.

Yeah.. u saw ... some ppl is getting crazy here with shipped things.. they apply random tax as they want (it might be the 100%)..

and well tomorrow I have to go Buenos Aires (1hour from my City) to get my Visa to travel USA and there's a big shopping where is more likely to find a fan like that. If is not there then it will be really hard to get it. I have to buy a film protector to cellphone too so I'll be there and i'll investigate. There are like 30 computer shops there. Is the bigges shopping in Argentina I believe. If u want to buy hardware.. then go there. Best prices and variety of products.