My New Rig!

vyroburn

Hey guys,

I guess my crazy investigative e-mail strung a heart cord of someone at ASRock, they accepted me for the RMA procedure. Despite the "physical damage". I explained to them that it was basically impossible for me to have bent the pin the direction it was bent by seating the cpu alone. We will see if it actually makes it through the entire process.

If anything else I will have a very expensive FreeNAS server board ...........

btw hey bishop, how are you?

The image of the single pin being bent.

x3Lp7.jpg

The blown up image of the pin, being bent completely backwards. (impossible to do while seating a cpu in my opinion)

IGzfN.jpg

A picture of my progress about 1 hour in (the real problem is the pin is twisted to the side)

LpnUc.jpg

but here is a sweet video of me trying to mend the bent pin. (if anything else maybe it will give someone a reference video on what not to do)

One thing to note, is that I am using a small sewing needle to bend the pin. ya these pins are that small.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1HVTfchQ8A&feature=plcp

Edited by vyroburn

nice rig you got there! :thumbsup:

and good to hear that you could make it for RMA. i'll be dead if that happens with my purchase, RMA process here kinda sucks. as if you we were passing through a needle hole if we messed up like the ones that you had.

hoping for the best :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

nice rig you got there! :thumbsup:

and good to hear that you could make it for RMA. i'll be dead if that happens with my purchase, RMA process here kinda sucks. as if you we were passing through a needle hole if we messed up like the ones that you had.

hoping for the best :cheers:

Well they sent me a brand new board! Hurray. Its up and going, overclocked, raid-0, and dual channel. WOOT. Will post pictures tomorrow.

Well they sent me a brand new board! Hurray. Its up and going, overclocked, raid-0, and dual channel. WOOT. Will post pictures tomorrow.

I had the exact same problem with my ASRock board, got a refund and bought an MSI.

glad to hear that vyroburn! :cheers:

now toss that 5750 and grab a beefy one then start fraggin with that beast :thumbsup:

Ya, I need to. I guess it will have to wait till Christmas. Although, I get about 20 more frames just from the full pci-e 2.0 support. go figure.

Sweet Rig, but why do you have two different RAM types? In your pictures I see one set is ARIES and the other is RIPJAWS. Glad to hear you got it up and running.

Edited by ThInK192

Ya, I need to. I guess it will have to wait till Christmas. Although, I get about 20 more frames just from the full pci-e 2.0 support. go figure.

great! just the way my good ol' 9800GT did. there were times it crawls with my Pentium D 820 :glare: , came my i7 built then whack it in.... yes it kicks!

enjoy your new toy :cheers:

Sweet Rig, but why do you have two different RAM types? In your pictures I see one set is ARIES and the other is RIPJAWS. Glad to hear you got it up and running.

With that model of ddr3-2400. They sent a free set of 8gig ddr3-1600. I guess they figure the 2400 is an experimental clock, and wanted to send you some solid memory just incase. Thats all I could come up with. Shrug...