Idea for the site

Tjj226_Angel

Part of the reason people come to this website is to help with trouble shooting a problem with their computer. Normally the questions are kind of basic with simple answers e.g. flash the bios, reinstall OS, etc. .

I think that this site should screen general help questions out before they can post. For instance, if a person was going to post under processors that their CPU is not reaching it's full speed, the site would first ask him if he checked the power saving functions inside the OS and simple stuff like that. Simply screen out basic trouble shooting steps before a person can post.

In essence this would serve two functions. One, the poster could actually solve his issue with the screening process, in which case they don't have to wait for a reply from anyone. The other function would be that the people who would reply to the poster can assume the poster has gone through the trouble shooting steps already and then we wouldn't waste any of our, or the OP's time with basic stuff like clearing the CMOS.

Then you would have different screens for different subforums and so forth and so on.

Like I said, I don't know the particulars about such a project, but it was a passing thought and I thought I would share it in case other people think this would be a useful thing.

I wouldn't go to this site if it made me answer dumb questions . People post for real responses , not some automated system asking them of they have the right voltage . If you don't like the post , don't read it or reply . Simple

I've been on boards before where if you try to start a thread that contains a lot of common keywords it directs the user to check the search results before posting.

That reminds me of xda developers. When you type in a thread title, a drop down menu appears with other threads with similar titles.

I wouldn't go to this site if it made me answer dumb questions . People post for real responses , not some automated system asking them of they have the right voltage . If you don't like the post , don't read it or reply . Simple

Well there would be an option to go directly to posting the question. It would kind of be like how paypal sets up their "contact support" page where you have a list of questions, and if your question isn't there, you can simply choose to contact support.

The point of such a program would be to reduce the time in which a person first sees a problem with their computer to having the computer back up and running. I wouldn't be to exclude people from posting.