For those of you worried about college being difficult...

Onion

Well yes it certainly doesn't get easier, but they still use classes like calculus, physics and computer science to weed out the people who can't handle the more advanced stuff.

I'm already in physics and having a blast. :lol: Really not a tough subject imo.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#48 Regional. The school is brand new, so it hasn't had time to climb up the charts just yet, but its better than other schools that have a similar rank. As far as higher level English, I'll find the English classes offered and highlight mine in the list and post it.

#19 National Public school. Couldn't really afford private so my choices were limited.

http://colleges.usne...th-florida-9841

Its one of the higher classes for freshmen. :P

I.E Not intensive grammar or intensive reading lmao.

And that's exactly why I wanted clarification. No offense, but I wouldn't classify that as a "decent school"....maybe when it comes to public universities in your area, but sounds to me it's more like a community college, or what we here in NY would call 13th grade and thus why it's a bit easy for you...and thus related to why you want to transfer.

or what we here in NY would call 13th grade

Thats what we call community colleges here in MD too. I always thought it was a local thing, until now, because only one of our high school teachers ever called them the 13th grade and I had never heard it anywhere else...

and I'm also in the higher level freshman English class and I personally think that every English has been exactly the same since the 10th grade even for more popular schools and "decent schools" (I.E. University of Maryland College Park)

Is it calculus based physics? Also, you have been in school for a few weeks tops. They don't try to scare you away THAT quickly. :D

Nope, they don't let you take calculus based physics as a freshman here. :( They required a science class and a science lab. Instead of taking intro to science or earth space like everyone else I went straight for intro to physics and intro to physics lab, which are the two highest physics classes I could take. I love physics, its so fun.

And that's exactly why I wanted clarification. No offense, but I wouldn't classify that as a "decent school"....maybe when it comes to public universities in your area, but sounds to me it's more like a community college, or what we here in NY would call 13th grade and thus why it's a bit easy for you...and thus related to why you want to transfer.

I didn't have very much of a choice. I was planning on going to Concordia University in Quebec, which accepted me. However, for the student visa to study abroad, they required my parents to put aside the funds for all 4 years in a separate bank account to prove we could afford it. We don't have that kind of money laying around, so I had to fall back to plan B and go here.

I didn't have very much of a choice. I was planning on going to Concordia University in Quebec, which accepted me. However, for the student visa to study abroad, they required my parents to put aside the funds for all 4 years in a separate bank account to prove we could afford it. We don't have that kind of money laying around, so I had to fall back to plan B and go here.

Had to lay out all four years? Damn, wtf. I understand the situation you were in, that's why I said I didn't mean any offense, I know you're looking to transfer when you can.

Oh god these are hilarious. :lol:

"Had'nt" LOL.

13Ewp.jpg

Sounds to me like this is just a little test to gauge where everyone is at.

Honestly, it doesn't seem like that's a very good college if that's the "higher" English course. That looks like the beginning English course at my college. I had to write about 25 pages in 5 weeks (which is the length of my classes) in my ENG101 class.

Sounds to me like this is just a little test to gauge where everyone is at.

Isn't that what the ACT/SAT is for? My college had its own test that it used for math and english placement.

Things change once you get into the 3000-4000 level courses. Or at least it should. All my 4000s are easier than my 3000s so it really depends on your program at the college.

These higher level classes are probably still just intro classes. What course level is this class anyways? It seems like the run of the mill Freshman Comp course. However all my writing classes were pure writing assignments and no test questions.

Edited by AZNguyen