Max SAFE voltage and Temps for 3770k?

Was looking to find out what the MAX SAFE voltage and temps are for a 24/7 2+ years OC on a i7 3770k?

Will be running on air (212 EVO)

I don't know about voltage however Intel state the temperature of most of their CPUs will break to be 100C. Generally 70C would be an absolute maximum temp for what you are suggesting, although I would aim for about 60-65C

Edited by EuroFight

Thx so much guys.

I shoot for no more then 70-75 just to be on safe side. Hopefully I wont have to jack voltage up too much. Im aiming for 4.2-4.5Ghz 27/7 OC on a 212 EVO with Arctic Silver 5. Will be mated in a HAF 922 case.

105C is TJmax, 90C throttling occurs, 1.5V degradation occurs.

I dont know if this still applies, but I remember a article way back when (2003ish) that any voltage above stock, degrades the CPU. Obviously the higher, the faster.

Does this still apply? or has the evolution of CPUs corrected this problem?

I don't care if .2 volts or 1.20v in the 3770ks example lowers the CPUS life to 5-6 years. Im only looking to use it for the next 2-3 years on a 24/7 OC

I dont know if this still applies, but I remember a article way back when (2003ish) that any voltage above stock, degrades the CPU. Obviously the higher, the faster.

Does this still apply? or has the evolution of CPUs corrected this problem?

CPUs will degrade over time whatever voltage they are at, but that is correct that the higher voltage the faster the CPU degrades.

There are certain voltages aside from Vcore you should be aware of. Only when overclocking with high voltages and high temps, will you degrade your chip faster where a few days or months will degrade yout chip where it will take much higher voltages to get the same overclock speeds. In most cases, you can overclock fine for years and have no issues (I've had no issues, yet with any high 24/7 overclock degrading my CPU, except for one of my 3930k's, but I am using open box motherboards for them). Motherboards, PSU's, and memory can contribute to degradation, as well. Most likely you won't get higher than 4.8GHz with a 3770K, even with dedicated watercooling, if you want your chip to last long. Just keep it at around 4.6 GHz with voltages near 1.4V's and under with temps never going higher than 80C, and it will last you a good long while.

Put it this way at 1.325v at 4.7Ghz I break 90C with a good 240 rad and D5 pump and Swiftech GTZ block You need to keep the voltage as low as you can and take what the chip will give you on air. The temperatures escalate quickly above 1.2v

Put it this way at 1.325v at 4.7Ghz I break 90C with a good 240 rad and D5 pump and Swiftech GTZ block You need to keep the voltage as low as you can and take what the chip will give you on air. The temperatures escalate quickly above 1.2v

Yea, im gonna try my damnedest to not exceed 1.2v, even if I only get a 4ghz OC. i7s are still damn good chips.

back in the day i ran a Athlon FX-57 with a subtle over-voltage and in 6 months i couldn't hold the OC anymore. Ever since then ive been leary bout over volting and tried to do everything I could OC wise without raising the voltage.

Edited by DnaAngel