The Wall ?

Shadowfactor

My mutiplier is at 11.5 and bumped the thing up to 164 mhz and with a vcore of 1.625 and it booted and stuff , so i tryed putting it up to 170 mhz with the same vcore , didnt boot , then i tryed 1.650 wouldnt boot , asus reporter said memory test failed , i reset c-mos put everything back on stock it worked fine my ram is Dual channel @ 400 Mhz Cosiair , timing of 8.3.3.3. What should i do ?

Those are loose timings...they don't get any looser than cas3. All I can think is try a higher vcore, like 1.75 or so to begin with. That chip is probably a tbred-a and won't want to go very high. You'll need to "persuade" it with some more volts. Also, what cooling do you have?

High voltages are ok as long as you can keep the chip cool, which you will because the V12 is a good cooler. I run my 2400+ at 1.825V, though that is a little on the high side. Also, I agree Ph33rh4x...that ram is not designed to run at cas3, it should be run at cas2 or 2.5 at most. My geil won't even post at cas3.

:withstupid: lol, yeah, my thoughts exactly. It's not like it would cost a whole lot to replace the thing if I kill it. But it stays at 40 idle (though it is never at idle...thanks a lot F@H) and 47 load thanks to the good old slk-900a.

Hades: 11-3-3-3 is looser than his current settings. Nforce2 for some reason likes to have an active precharge delay of 10 or 11, which are actually very loose. It gets best performance that way. With xms ram, he should be running no looser than 11-3-3-2.

:withstupid: lol, yeah, my thoughts exactly. It's not like it would cost a whole lot to replace the thing if I kill it. But it stays at 40 idle (though it is never at idle...thanks a lot F@H) and 47 load thanks to the good old slk-900a.

Hades: 11-3-3-3 is looser than his current settings. Nforce2 for some reason likes to have an active precharge delay of 10 or 11, which are actually very loose. It gets best performance that way. With xms ram, he should be running no looser than 11-3-3-2.

theres where i got confused....11 being what the nforce wants...even though 8 is looser

:withstupid: