asus nexus 7

rieds

i did a little googling and found some info suggesting i could use my seagate 750g usb drive with something called seagate sattelite. anybody tried this? seams like overkill but its smaller than the tablet ands i suppose you could secure them together somehow using velcro.

You can't.. First you would need to get an OTG cabel like this http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Micro-USB-OTG-Adapter/dp/B005QX7KYU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346950439&sr=8-1&keywords=B005QX7KYU (that is what I got)...

Than you can 32 gig USB stick, or attach sd card reader for additional memory..

You can get Nexus Media Importer to store or transfer stuff

The other way is.. you can root the nexus 7 with Wugfresh toolkit and with the OTG cable and USB stick you can use Stickmount (free only for rooted devices) to mount additional storage...

is there any

drawback to just getting the 8g version for 50 bucks less and doing this?

• 4 weeks later...

I have a nexus7, and I can't say enough good about it. I really only use it for trips, bathroom time, and when I am too lazy to get off the couch to look something up or read a book. Battery life is good, but not the best i have seen. My ipad has a better battery life. But over all the smaller size makes this a better machine.

I love it!

Pros:

Small size

Great CPU

Great Screen

Lightweight

Android OS jelly bean

Removable battery

gorilla glass

Cons:

no SD slot

no smart cover