• 1001W to 1200W
    • 1201W to 1500W
    • Greater than 1501W

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9-cell 7200mAh

Power (Watts) = Current (Amps) x Voltage (Volts), I would assume you have something like 20V +-1V , so;

7200mAh = 7.2A so 7.2 x 20 = ~144W

And that ends todays maths lesson, class. Remember the Surds homework is due in tomorrow... (Yeah sorry if that sounded too much like a maths lesson, but it's useful to know)

For the record, I have a 700W gaming PC and a 90W laptop :)

Power (Watts) = Current (Amps) x Voltage (Volts), I would assume you have something like 20V +-1V , so;

7200mAh = 7.2A so 7.2 x 20 = ~144W

And that ends todays maths lesson, class. Remember the Surds homework is due in tomorrow... (Yeah sorry if that sounded too much like a maths lesson, but it's useful to know)

For the record, I have a 700W gaming PC and a 90W laptop :)

I was far too lazy to bother working it out :lol:

If you do want something though then it is 7200*(10.8/1000)=77.76Wh

I was far too lazy to bother working it out :lol:

If you do want something though then it is 7200*(10.8/1000)=77.76Wh

Hmmm that's interesting...rather low voltage but higher current, which is strange as higher current generally means more heat...thank you though :cheers:

Hmmm that's interesting...rather low voltage but higher current, which is strange as higher current generally means more heat...thank you though :cheers:

It is a battery its rated in watt hour or amp hour (usually milliamp). So this rating is how much it power or amps it could continuously supply for one hour. It doesn't mean that it does supply that in one hour it could supply it in more than an hour or less than an hour.

It is also far from unusual to have laptop batteries around the 10-12v range. You can still get other laptops which have 16V or 20V or whatever other voltage too.

It is a battery its rated in watt hour or amp hour (usually milliamp). So this rating is how much it power or amps it could continuously supply for one hour. It doesn't mean that it does supply that in one hour it could supply it in more than an hour or less than an hour.

It is also far from unusual to have laptop batteries around the 10-12v range. You can still get other laptops which have 16V or 20V or whatever other voltage too.

P

I'm more used to Dell's old 19.5V and IBM's 20.5V so thats where my confusion is coming from, thanks for clearing that up for me :)

1500-1600w silverstone strider on my main rig, dont need all the wattage, only all the PCIe connectors (need 7x 6pin for my current setup)

650w on my lan rig (corsair hx650)

laptop is like 10w or something