Black Mesa releasing Sept. 14th

90sgamer

I've heard a few things here and there that it falls a little into a fan-fiction rather than 100% true to the original.

So as someone who never finished HL1 would playing Black Mesa be sufficient to cross HL1 off my pile of shame? Before you light those torches and grab those pitchforks I have beaten H2, E1 & E2.

If Black Mesa was complete, I would say yes but until it's complete, you will be missing out on some of what makes it such an amazing game.

As for it being fan-fiction and not 100% true to the original, I would say that's accurate but it's not a bad thing. They change details between the two but in general it is pretty close to an exact copy I would say. It gets it right where it counts basically, anything particularly important in the original is here, all the characters and story pretty much. The differences are minor details, as in they fleshed everything out in Black Mesa because the technology allows them to do so. Where HL may have had a single console with a super computer behind it in Room A, BM has the console, super computer, several more desks with more computers and multiple monitor setups, with coffee mugs, magazines, potato chip bags, trash cans, etc. As far as the map layout and what is where, it's all fairly identical, I mean I was able to get past parts I was stuck on using videos on HL walkthroughs so I would say that's pretty solid evidence that they were true to the original.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

That one is pretty tricky to explain, I would say check out a video on youtube, that's what I did for that part.

thanx dm, i hadn''t thot of that,...i've been wandering around in this place for hours improving my duckjump skills....lol

thanx dm, i hadn''t thot of that,...i've been wandering around in this place for hours improving my duckjump skills....lol

that werked i'm out... :thumbsup: and got a new weapon out of the deal !

• 4 weeks later...

would someone please help me get out of the nuclear complex...i've been trying to finish up and clear out for about an hour...all the pump and reactor lights are green as well as the auxiliary lights, but i'm stuck on getting out ...hmmm ...a lil help please...

nevermind, i got out finally...on to next puzzle

• 3 weeks later...

does anyone know why blackmesa is not working anymore ?...i have it on 3 different puters and none of them'll load the game...maybe something is going on with it at steam ?...