Stonerboy779

What I did today .......

Finally got my server all updated and finished.  12 TB usable, 18 TB raw (yes, I can lose 3 disks and lose nothing). :D

10517317_10101482394825808_6513928549413

I love ZFS as a home NAS platform!

Got a second AmEx card. Went for the everyday to start getting MR points for when I get a gold or platinum card in a year or two. Got instantly approved for a $10,000 credit limit. Best of all, it was only a soft inquiry since I just got approved for the blue sky card about a week ago.

I hope you know that lots of credit cards == bad credit rating to anyone looking to give you a loan. The more you can potentially blow away in a single day the more they're hesitant to give you a loan.

I hope you know that lots of credit cards == bad credit rating to anyone looking to give you a loan. The more you can potentially blow away in a single day the more they're hesitant to give you a loan.

I've got no need for loans until it's time to buy a house and I'm just maximizing rewards right now. BoA for 3% cash on gas, AmEx Everyday for double points on groceries, and blue sky for 1.33 points rather than 1 on everything else. The main reason for hopping on AmEx so early is for the backdating. If I open another card in 10 years with them, it'll be backdated to 2014 and won't kill my AAoA.

Edited by Onion

True, but just figured I'd mention it in case you didn't know.

Credit ratings are nice but your bank is going to look at a LOT more before handing out a loan. :)

True, but just figured I'd mention it in case you didn't know.

Credit ratings are nice but your bank is going to look at a LOT more before handing out a loan. :)

Thanks for the heads up then. :)

They'll see a loyal customer with two checking accounts, a credit card account, and a savings account. I'm sure they like me, they let me secured card graduate like 6 months early and gave me two automatic CLIs. I do what I can to keep my finances in check, getting a loan can't be too bad.

Edited by Onion

They'll care more about your income and spending habits than anything. :cheers: Your credit rating has little to do with it as long as you pay things on time.

I've got the most boring statements, lol. Amazon, gas, and food. :lol:

I mean paying things down on time, not missing payments, etc. They don't care what you buy. :P

I mean paying things down on time, not missing payments, etc. They don't care what you buy. :P

I know, I kid, I kid. :lol:

And yeah, PIF every month and pay it down to about 2-8% utilization before the statement hits has been the norm for me.

I just ignore mine. Last time I asked for a loan they just handed it to me at half the interest rate I expected. :lol:

I've been obsessing lately lol. I even joined credit card forums. :lol: Hopefully I get as lucky as you when the time comes. :cheers:

Edited by Onion