Stonerboy779

What I did today .......

spent a good 4 hours at the range then this happened.....

63785_561718270510322_577264206_n.jpg

Can't tell from the pic, what happened?:huh:

Can't tell from the pic, what happened?:huh:

That would be a bullet stuck in the barrel. Powder in the auto powder meter must have bunched up and didn't drop a full charge in the case. Just a "poof" and I knew what had happened. Had enough to lodge the bullet 3/4" in the barrel. Loaded around 7k rounds and this is a first. Saw a guy in a small pistol comp have this happen and he went to put another mag in to reload and myself and another guy heard the poof and stopped him from shooting. Could have been a bad day for him.

That would be a bullet stuck in the barrel. Powder in the auto powder meter must have bunched up and didn't drop a full charge in the case. Just a "poof" and I knew what had happened. Had enough to lodge the bullet 3/4" in the barrel. Loaded around 7k rounds and this is a first. Saw a guy in a small pistol comp have this happen and he went to put another mag in to reload and myself and another guy heard the poof and stopped him from shooting. Could have been a bad day for him.

Ah. Yeah i see a lot of situations like that where i work, if it doesn't fire the first impulse is load again, not find out what wrong. Had a guy blow the action out of a shotgun last week.... could have ended real bad, luckily it jammed half open so most of the explosion was directed out of the action not into the jammed barrel.

Only seen this incident and the one at the match, total, so far. Heard of a few horror stories and seen a few barrel split from people instinctively reloading and firing another shot.

Lost some money :lol: tonight was not my night at all on the three good hands I had, I was just pipped each time

Played Far Cry 3, my first Far Cry. Will give the other two a go when I'm done with this one.

Off to Miami! Maybe I can do better than my last two top times? :whistling: 375 miles in 4 hours 32 minutes and 4 hours 24 minutes. :D

4 hours 45 minutes. :( DAMN IT, RAIN!

Wanna trade? I'd rather have rain than falling ash.

Wanna trade? I'd rather have rain than falling ash.

Move the ashtray away from your exhaust fans. :lol: