Sign in to follow this  
Axplayer

Relective Window Tint

Has anyone thought of tinting the window with the reflective side facing into the computer? Would this increase the amount of UV light from a tube? Just wondering. By the way, I took one of those protable cd wireless transmetters (usually comes with a dc volt reg) and hooked it up to my computer. Npw when I play mp3s on the comp i can hear it with any radio. Anyway, back to the topic of tint. Please tell me someone has done this already before I do it.

Thanks

I never heard or seen that one, it could reduce your vision into the case though cause this stuff is usually used as a sun reflector in windows and it will look as if you're looking trough sunglasses from outside your case view. i'd go with double sided mirror ;)

But yeah i think it would reflect more of the uv :)

Edited by kobalt

I never heard or seen that one, it could reduce your vision into the case though cause this stuff is usually used as a sun reflector in windows and it will look as if you're looking trough sunglasses from outside your case view. i'd go with double sided mirror ;)

But yeah i think it would reflect more of the uv :)

if you want to reflect more of the UV light, you can do just as kobalt hinted at and just put a mirror or two in your case...not on the window, but in the back, bottom, top, front or opposite side (or all 5 if you REALLY want reflection). You can buy cheap thin magnetic mirrors like those that are designed for lockers. Just make sure not to accidentally attach the magnet to your harddrives ;)

Adding reflective material to your window may raise your temps.

the light created by a ccfl has no heat properties, some ccfl have been known to create heat but its from the tube alone, so no... adding reflection or mirrors to your case will not create extra heat..

The color of the tint is an issue and I wondered how transparent the film can be with a chrome tint. Also I don't know how UV will look behind a tinted window. Thanks for bringing up the issue of heat. It never occured to me since I thought the tubes remained cool. Adding mirrors inside the case was another thought as with painting the inside of the case with chorme:)

Double sided mirrors are transparent (like the police uses) a bit more expensive than plexi or window tint but it"ll look like a regular window from outside ;)

a double sided mirror wont make any difference. if you put the reflective side facing in it will let light out but not in. so it wont reflect light. if you put it the other way it will be a mirror on the outside.

a double sided mirror wont make any difference. if you put the reflective side facing in it will let light out but not in. so it wont reflect light. if you put it the other way it will be a mirror on the outside.

Sorry but i've been in an interogation room loll and the crap mirror they watch you behind does reflects light like a regular mirror the only diffrence is from the other side you can see trough it as if it was a regular glass:D

Sorry but i've been in an interogation room loll and the crap mirror they watch you behind does reflects light like a regular mirror the only diffrence is from the other side you can see trough it as if it was a regular glass:D

He is right

I have persoanlly do it myself. U don't want to use UV relecting tint. Its designed to keep uv out and also heat so it will trap heat. now on the other hand I have used both a silver tint which is 50% light through and that wont raise temps nor limo tint which is 2.5% light through. They wont raise your temps. Just the UV/Heat reflecting tint will.