Sign in to follow this  
Crawlerz246

need to render with alpha - how do I do this?

so I've made a few random digital overlays for this guy who overlays them directly on his airsoft videos. some like this and some others. just random stuff.

and he is overlaying mine of his videos and says "well it's got a black BG". now I realize you can goto like sony vegas and use the ADD overlay to get rid of the black all alpha-like, but apparently he has some sort of the most basic video editor which doesn't even do that. so he wants me to send him vids with pre-alpha'd backgrounds. which is fine with me except I'm not exactly sure how. I mean I know that if I use the (and I'm rendering in aftereffects) "lossless with alpha" setting I will get the transparency I'm looking for, but I will also get inconveniently ginormous AVI files. can't really send 1GB+ files. I also see a "FLV with alpha" setting, but most video editors don't like FLV. so what do I do here? is there any good way to get around this and still render with a transparency?

~thanks, community.

you could render it as a avi with alpha then put it in a video editor and export it as an mp4 and send it to him as that