~$500 FPS Build

fcguy

I would be looking at an i3 setup with a used GPU from forums and a Corsair Builder Series PSU with that price range.

I would not run that PSU...two weak 12v rails @ 20A and 17A, and its 500w MAXIMUM wattage. This Corsair is 49.99 after MIR and is leaps and bounds better then that Raidmax, which will leave more room to upgrade in the future. It is 500w CONTINUOUS - big difference!

Edited by Puck

I would be looking at an i3 setup with a used GPU from forums and a Corsair Builder Series PSU with that price range.

I would not run that PSU...two weak 12v rails @ 20A and 17A, and its 500w MAXIMUM wattage. This Corsair is 49.99 after MIR and is leaps and bounds better then that Raidmax, which will leave more room to upgrade in the future. It is 500w CONTINUOUS - big difference!

cheaper AND recommended. Of course it's only cheaper after the MIR but I'm doing several anyway so no matter. Going with this one for sure! thanks!

As for the OS I'm sure you could get it for cheaper. There are probably student deals for cheaper copies of the OS. Or other methods of obtaining windows 7 that wouldn't cost you too muc money.

I know people who pirate the OS but that would obviously illegal. Look for student deals around you area.