Apple gets 1.051 Billion from Samsung

IVIYTH0S

And my point as a whole is that it seems to me (in my very limited experience with business) that every single company acts like Apple to some degree or another.

Well yeah, every serious CPUhead knows that Best Buy is a sick evil corporation that prays on the innocent, non tech savvy average Joe/Joan. Bet your manager owns an iPhone though :lol:

I am legit pissed off at this. Gotta love a court case between a Californian based company and a Korean one, hosted in a Californian court, with 9 Californian jurors

Apple is an american company...so this is all they their mind was hearing:

america2.jpeg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I think for apple to even file a law suit was stupid at best, and the fact that they won is totally unbelievable.

I think what really irritates me is how Apple wants to claim that they are always revolutionizing the industry. Well it is no wonder, because they stump the growth of every other business.

And if Apple truly believes that they have the greatest tech on the planet, then why do they feel threatened enough by other companies to cry wolf on every freakin little thing.

Why don't they make make a new phone all together, and make it so amazing that no one else can copy it. That was steve jobs whole aproach to computers all along wasn;t it? Make the best device available and everyone will buy it no matter what astronomical price tag you stick on it? Or are people starting to figure out that Steve Job's asinine way of running a business is nothing more than a pipe dream and they are starting to grow concerned over their diminishing market base?

I seriously doubt their marketbase is diminishing

Today I tried to find a decent MP3 player and I tried and I tried.

Then well I found a whole lot of nothing really. There was no point looking at any of the major tech retailers or any major retails really as almost all of them where exclusively stocking icrap with maybe a few 4 or 8gb chinease pos MP3 players with no expandable storage.

Then I am like cool screw that lets tru find a decent online retailer that sells things like sony walkman, irvers, cowon and creative zen MP3 players and well looks like those stores are lacking too. Best place to buy the creative gear was from the creative aus home site and well they had decent enough prices but it still left you wanting.

Sony well they apparently only have walkman in 3 flavors really and one of them is deactivated everywhere the other is op and the other is under spec. Seriously what the hell happened there sony, the walkman used to be an amazing thing.

Cowon was overpriced for what the player was needed for but as a standalone player for me the quality would be great.

Ended up settling with an irver with a sour taste in my mouth at the state of consumer electronics.

I seriously doubt their marketbase is diminishing

Today I tried to find a decent MP3 player and I tried and I tried.

Then well I found a whole lot of nothing really. There was no point looking at any of the major tech retailers or any major retails really as almost all of them where exclusively stocking icrap with maybe a few 4 or 8gb chinease pos MP3 players with no expandable storage.

Then I am like cool screw that lets tru find a decent online retailer that sells things like sony walkman, irvers, cowon and creative zen MP3 players and well looks like those stores are lacking too. Best place to buy the creative gear was from the creative aus home site and well they had decent enough prices but it still left you wanting.

Sony well they apparently only have walkman in 3 flavors really and one of them is deactivated everywhere the other is op and the other is under spec. Seriously what the hell happened there sony, the walkman used to be an amazing thing.

Cowon was overpriced for what the player was needed for but as a standalone player for me the quality would be great.

Ended up settling with an irver with a sour taste in my mouth at the state of consumer electronics.

Yeah, that really blows how they just own the accessories/docks market because....well there just isn't a reason, everyone loves just bending over for Apple's seed for no good reason. (yes I know it's because their products don't have many variants, which makes it easy to mass produce for them....but why not others??)

As for a decent MP3 player, I used to have a Creative Zen Vision M 30GB but now see nothing better than this:

sandisk_32gb_microsd.jpg

and

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.iii.romulus.meridian&hl=en

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Yeah, that really blows how they just own the accessories/docks market because....well there just isn't a reason, everyone loves just bending over for Apple's seed for no good reason. (yes I know it's because their products don't have many variants, which makes it easy to mass produce for them....but why not others??)

As for a decent MP3 player, I used to have a Creative Zen Vision M 30GB but now see nothing better than this:

IMG

and

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.iii.romulus.meridian&hl=en

I would just go with android phone and well this instead :P

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tbig.playerpro&hl=en

Best $5 I have spent on android apps haha

However circumstance called for the need of a dedicated MP3 player for my mums kinder. To replace the rather awkward collection of discs that is getting hard to manage.

Its really sad that apple pretty much owns the australian consumer population :/

It gets worse though because they own the schools too.

My brother got an ipad on day one of year 7 and in year 10my sister got a mac. They both have had to pay exorbitant amounts of money and then had to spend even more on school forced insurance contracts.

Not only that but they had no choice in the matter even if my sister had a perfectly good laptop running windows or even a different macbook. So no she got a pos that is more expensive than my laptop by a lot and she cant do anything with it really. The school wouldn't even get microsoft office for mac so work can't be transferred between windows PCs at home or a the school.

My brother has to do a ridiculous amount of work typed on his ipad using pathetic overpriced programs.

The whole thing sickens me.

I would just go with android phone and well this instead :P

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tbig.playerpro&hl=en

Best $5 I have spent on android apps haha

However circumstance called for the need of a dedicated MP3 player for my mums kinder. To replace the rather awkward collection of discs that is getting hard to manage.

Its really sad that apple pretty much owns the australian consumer population :/

It gets worse though because they own the schools too.

My brother got an ipad on day one of year 7 and in year 10my sister got a mac. They both have had to pay exorbitant amounts of money and then had to spend even more on school forced insurance contracts.

Not only that but they had no choice in the matter even if my sister had a perfectly good laptop running windows or even a different macbook. So no she got a pos that is more expensive than my laptop by a lot and she cant do anything with it really. The school wouldn't even get microsoft office for mac so work can't be transferred between windows PCs at home or a the school.

My brother has to do a ridiculous amount of work typed on his ipad using pathetic overpriced programs.

The whole thing sickens me.

I was thinking a little cheapy old android phone with 32GB SDHC support would be cool. (maybe see if there are mp3 player only roms or maybe autostart the player app??) (BTW that app looks exactly like Meridian and Meridian is free *with paid version as well*)

But yeah, I'm royally ticked off that Rowan University, where I start this fall, has nothing but apple computers... like the little terminals for guests/quick information are iMacs with those sickeningly small/uncomfortable keyboards and of course the dreadful "mighty [crappy] mouse". I shutter to think what I'll be up against should I have any classes, in or involving computer labs :yuck:

It is even worse in situations like yours when schools FORCE students to get a macbook or iDevice to complete their coursework. Flipping disgusting with the unheard of ripoffs they are, especially if they already have (and I'm sure they do) a laptop or access to a computer.

I'm surprised such nonsense isn't outlawed by now, I know I'm raising hell if I EVER am "requested" (aka "buy this or GTFO") to purchase any device (Apple or whatever) in which something I already own already is enabled to do or even excel at doing!

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I was thinking a little cheapy old android phone with 32GB SDHC support would be cool. (maybe see if there are mp3 player only roms or maybe autostart the player app??) (BTW that app looks exactly like Meridian and Meridian is free *with paid version as well*)

But yeah, I'm royally ticked off that Rowan University, where I start this fall, has nothing but apple computers... like the little terminals for guests/quick information are iMacs with those sickeningly small/uncomfortable keyboards and of course the dreadful "mighty [crappy] mouse". I shutter to think what I'll be up against should I have any classes, in or involving computer labs :yuck:

It is even worse in situations like yours when schools FORCE students to get a macbook or iDevice to complete their coursework. Flipping disgusting with the unheard of ripoffs they are, especially if they already have (and I'm sure they do) a laptop or access to a computer.

I'm surprised such nonsense isn't outlawed by now, I know I'm raising hell if I EVER am "requested" (aka "buy this or GTFO") to purchase any device (Apple or whatever) in which something I already own already is enabled to do or even excel at doing!

My technologically incompetent mother has to be able to use the thing haha she still has no mobile and refuses to get one :)

The sad thing is the number of parents that view these things as great selling points for the schools *facepalm*

"Oh look if our child goes here they get an ipad when they start in year 7 and when they get to year 10 they will get a macbook. How great is that"

:sick: :sick: :sick:

Totally with you on that. I only wish they had tried to bring mac in while I was still at school. I would have created an amazing shitstorm and would have loved to see them try and fail me haha

He also has a Samsung Galaxy S II and claims that its terrible and that he can't wait for the iPhone 5 because its a lot better.

One of my friends has an HTC Incredible S. She kept having issues with it and has decided to go with an iPhone when she's able to upgrade.

Basically, the HTC won't keep a charge. She could get it replaced but.. yeah, doesn't want to. Says she won't have any issues with the iPhone, be it the 4S or 5 (whenever that comes).

One of my friends has an HTC Incredible S. She kept having issues with it and has decided to go with an iPhone when she's able to upgrade.

Basically, the HTC won't keep a charge. She could get it replaced but.. yeah, doesn't want to. Says she won't have any issues with the iPhone, be it the 4S or 5 (whenever that comes).

And the iPhone can't replace a battery :P

Does she use it like mad, and also has the battery life always been bad or just recently??

What's sad is in the reverse situation, if she had the iPhone and had issues she'd just deal with it I GUARANTEE :glare:

Edited by IVIYTH0S

And the iPhone can't replace a battery :P

Does she use it like mad, and also has the battery life always been bad or just recently??

What's sad is in the reverse situation, if she had the iPhone and had issues she'd just deal with it I GUARANTEE :glare:

No, it's only been having issues since late May of this year I believe.

And if it was the iPhone, maybe. :lol:

No, it's only been having issues since late May of this year I believe.

And if it was the iPhone, maybe. :lol:

Battery may just be giving up, unless there's a process/app that's running it down (and if she's indeed a novice user, she may have went downloading crazy and downloaded some crap that runs all the time)

Either way, she could probably goto a Verizon service center and get a new battery for free if she has insurance or even with out. If she's not successful, is $5.69 really that hard a pill to swallow?? (she could buy an external charger and then swap them without having to plug the phone in

Or heck if it was me (LOVE me my fat extendeds, a bonus is that her phone has an OEM one): Extended OEM 2150mAh + Extended Battery cover = $15.97

but I'd still try Verizon for a free battery replacement and app sweep (for now, even if she's stuck on getting the iTurd)