What do you think about the Halo 4 soundtrack?

EuroFight

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Halo 4 soundtrack?

Hi all,

After listening to the Halo 4 OST, I can't help but think about how much better it could have been.

Historically, Halo soundtracks have been very simple, but the simpleness has let you connect with the characters and what is going on on-screen (As well as making your actions seem more awesome :biggrin: ), but I can't help but think the Halo 4 tracks are too overcomplicated, so you more concentrate on the music than the game itself (I found this by trying to work using the old soundtrack and Halo 4 one). The music also allowed you to connect with the events in the game, however I don't see how the tracks will fit into Halo 4, unless it's all going to be action-packed-to-the-brim scenes with no time that allow you to connect with the characters (Which, to me, is another reason why I find the Halo franchise so attractive).

Of course, this is all my opinion, and we are yet to see the game so the music may be perfect for it, however have my doubts.

I look forward to hearing your views on the soundtrack

Euro :thumbsup:

Edited by EuroFight

I wouldn't worry about it because remember, these are just the 'orchestral versions' of the soundtrack (for lack of a better term), so we don't have any information for the in-game volume or sound effects (like vocals) going along with it. These select tracks may be complicated, but I can see them working quite well for certain cinematics I can actually envision from the audio. For actual in-game music though, this would not be as good. Of course, I like complex music like this (maybe that's why I'm partial to soundtracks and romance period music), so I may be bias.

Not bad, but a little confused in whether it is supposed to be low or mid tempo. The remix cleans that up a little, but two thirds in or so sound a little dis-jointed. Imho ofc.