ClayMeow

Antec 1200 V3 or ....

Actually i need to wake up more haha "9" wide or shorter" my bad haha

The CM 431 would make a great case for really cheap if you put the effort into the building of it.

However if you have long graphics cards you will loose a lot of your HDD bays.

6878845111_bbbe64d863_n.jpg

Clay, I look for cases that have a 2-inch deeper-than-higher ratio. These will provide separation from the motherboard tray and the drive-cages, but somewhere at a 21-inch 'depth', there's a thoughtful concern towards case-cable lengths - such as the front panel's audio-IO. Silverstone, LianLi have some with this ratio, and Bit Fenix, too. These may not match aesthetic desires, however, but there are models in there that are great to work with.

The Antec Three Hundred Two has a lot of easy access as well but, alas, your fingers and a full SATA pedestal will be tested for adjustments!

One case's 'looks' that are unpleasing to me is the old Antec Two Hundred. However, it's MB tray is recessed far back from the traditional drive cages and pulling or adding drives is easy, as is handling of jammed SATA pedestals.

But one feature that I initially disliked has become a favorite. The Two Hundred doesn't have an external 3.5 - it's facia seems to have one, but that's actually covering-flap for a 2.5" drive's sled-tray. It's sturdy, it's well-constructed and I think it will last many change-out's and plug-in's. VERY nice. We use it to clone the Boot SSD every so often so that, if that SSD dies, we've got an easy clone of it. Such a very nice touch. The front plastic grill, though - what is that? A throwaway Chrysler logo? Some failed Spiderman web-splat? Ah well... tuck it on a shelf, under a desk, behind the monitor...

(Of course, all the good talk about a built-in hot-swap drive 'sled' should always have this proviso: when it dies or breaks, that's it... ain't no replacin' that puppy!)

Edited by ChristineBCW

It's a shame we can't do searches based on "Removable Drive Trays" or Width-2-inches-greater-than-Height measurements! Stoner's comment about Long Video Cards will certainly impact (and considerably narrow) your possible candidates.

It's a shame we can't do searches based on "Removable Drive Trays" or Width-2-inches-greater-than-Height measurements! Stoner's comment about Long Video Cards will certainly impact (and considerably narrow) your possible candidates.

What you want is a silverstone case. Like the FT02, TJ11 or TJ07 or Raven02E etc as they all have at least 5 hdd bays that face sideways in the case.

In the case of the FT02 and R02E they are actually hot-swappable HDD bays.