Is there a way to remove the FB timeline?

Miek

I got rid of my Facebook years ago.

I don't like the idea of people making money by selling my personal information to 3rd party advertisers. People who still use it are dumb, self absorbed, socially crippled humans. picard1.png

Spotify forces you to have fb in aus

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that's true. smile.gif I'm just the kinda guy who values his privacy.

You could always put a bogus name, and everything else bogus (that they minimally require "knowing"). That's what my boss does, they can't do much with MJCRO CI-I1P or whatever "real name" you wanna use

Blaming the stock drop on Timeline is...insane IMHO. :lol:

Indeed. More likely the cause is it was simply a bad investment and shady practices by banks during the initial go.

What the hell have I missed about Hotmail? I have been loving that its never updated and changed :-/

Oh, change is coming soon. Expect to get metro-fied.

That's not entirely true, it's very useful for networking and keeping in touch with friends you haven't seen in a while (my main use)

Very true. It has allowed me to keep in touch with friends that I haven't seen in years, and family that I never expected to hear from again.

Yeah that's true. smile.gif I'm just the kinda guy who values his privacy.

This is simple. Don't post phone, address, email, or use geo-location services on FB. Additionally, adjust account settings to prevent what little information you do provide is only available to certain groups of people and then apply those groups to friends. Only they will see information you choose to share, while everyone else will be left in the dark. Sadly, you have to keep an eye on your settings as FB likes to change things without notice and in a way that undoes everything you had setup. At least that use to be the case, I think they have realized the err of their ways due to recent lawsuits.

Spotify forces you to have fb in aus

The same is true in the States.

d3bruts1d isn't that only true for new users though? Because I swear there is an option to log in with spotify details or something or other.

Well I hope they retain in Hotmail the old theme instead of ditching it completely in the next update

d3bruts1d isn't that only true for new users though? Because I swear there is an option to log in with spotify details or something or other

I don't know for sure (I don't use it). My understanding was in the UK you could actually create an account, however when it was launched in the US and NA it had to be linked to Facebook.

How about the creepy map tracking........?

Sometime in the last month I was "upgraded" to timeline - just magically appeared. And bam.... locations of photos I was tagged in and even pictures of my daughter's wedding - map, location, name, phone number etc.

That really just creeps me out. What if I'm drunk and send an ill advised text from my droid phone when I'm at the bar? Surely don't want everyone in the world to know I was at the bar at 2AM on a work night......

Easy enough to disable after some searching, but having it enabled by default?

How about the creepy map tracking........?

Sometime in the last month I was "upgraded" to timeline - just magically appeared. And bam.... locations of photos I was tagged in and even pictures of my daughter's wedding - map, location, name, phone number etc.

That really just creeps me out. What if I'm drunk and send an ill advised text from my droid phone when I'm at the bar? Surely don't want everyone in the world to know I was at the bar at 2AM on a work night......

Easy enough to disable after some searching, but having it enabled by default?

When you upload a picture or a photo-album is really interesting to have the ability of having information such as location, etc. The world in where we live is not from a fairy tale. That's why you can avoid filling some fields and then your pictures won't appear in the map. Is simple. And for those who connect FB with phone and they have the location .. well.. just don't use the phone.

I understand that people who use FACEBOOK at phone is young people who really don't care about privacy because they are young they wanna experience life and risks.

well take it or leave it.. internet is public i really dont care anymore about my privacy.. lets let the world goes by and let things happens.. I dunno.. my pics are private but not the profile ones.. you never know if a chick would pick you up for your picture.. you don't loose much just putting some cool pics about you.. that is like facebook work.. put a nice picture on profile to hook girls or men, stay in touch with old friends, organize events, hang out, play games, etc.

As an application or system facebook is great and have a wide range of options. For kids, mature, grown, babies, pets, etc...

Edited by loco_frags