Steam Community update enters closed beta.

Avinexis

Steam has been teasing a new community update HERE for the past few days, and they are now rolling it out to select Steam users:

August 16, 2012--Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Counter-Strike and Team Fortress) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced the launch of a limited access Beta for its new Steam Community features.

The Steam Community Beta is now open to the first 50,000 players who earned the 'Pillar of the Steam Community' badge and includes another invite to share. Beta access will increase incrementally until the public launch.

To celebrate the launch of Team Fortress 2's new game mode, Mann vs. Machine, the Team Fortress 2 Game Hub is now accessible to everyone.

Did any of you guys get into the beta? I guess I didn't make the first 50,000. How very sad :( It looks amazing!

Apparently the first 50,000 received two invites. Both can be gifted, or one can be used yourself and the other given away. It also seems later today (or maybe tomorrow) your unused beta invites will be tradeable too.

Edited by Danrik

• 2 weeks later...

I got an invite for this, still have the second invite if anyone wants it.

I'll take it if you still have it! Steam name is Monkson. I didnt get invited and am looking forward to seeing what it looks likes.

Thanks!