WD Green vs. WD Red

ericgcollyer

Using the built-in Windows tool to do the mirroring will let you jump from mobo to mobo without complications if her board dies.

I'd get the green drives especially for that much less money. The enterprise drives are far beyond what any home user really needs because you're really just paying for special firmware (not needed at home) and a slightly longer warranty (which is moot when the enterprise drives cost enough more that you could just buy another green drive outright).

:cheers:

Right, and I agree with you, however the issue is that this is for a business and not a home use type thing. If she is backing up pics that people paid for, then the enterprise drives would actually be worth it.

At least that is my opinion.

I may be a little late to this party... But id just like to throw out there that the Red drives have TLER, Which most hard drives pretty much all used to have, but they've been taking it away from regular drives to force you into buying Raid edition type drives.

If you are going to do Raid, be it software or hardware raid, TLER is a good thing to have. Nothing about the red drives makes them bad or wrong to use in a regular capacity. They are just better are doing raid functions such as NAS solutions than regular drives that no longer have TLER anymore.

Incase you are wondering what TLER is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Error_recovery_control