Sign in to follow this  
Shadowfactor

9800 Pro All In Wonder Cooling

I did some research and this is what I found. It should help:

"If it's the red PCB version of the AWI the version 2 of the cooler will work with it. If you get the version 1 all it'll take is a small mod ( cutting out the upper left corner of the sink base so it clears the tuner"

fa0a74ea.jpg

I did some research and this is what I found. It should help:

"If it's the red PCB version of the AWI the version 2 of the cooler will work with it. If you get the version 1 all it'll take is a small mod ( cutting out the upper left corner of the sink base so it clears the tuner"

fa0a74ea.jpg

The card is red it goes in a Agp slot 8X 9800 pro all in wonder Oem (ati)

Lets add a mod to the original question.

What is a good cooler for the Radeon 9800 that actually makes good contact with the GPU? I bought a 1st gen Zalman Heatpipe cooler for my radeon, but in order for it to make solid contact, I had to pop the shim off my GPU. :( Actually, it would have made good contact if I had used (BLECH!) thermal tape, but that is not an option.

If anyone has done that before, it is a very tricky process. Not only that, it also made some minor damage to the traces around its core. I am sure that is why it fried after some extended overclocking.

Anyone else have this problem?

I ran into the same problem trying to water cool my 9800 Pro AIW none of Danger dens coolers fit it either, I found a block that will fit it but its id is only 1/4" I.D. and that is what I was using untill the Danger Den CPU cooler leaked and killed my card this is the one I used http://www.koolance.com/products/product.h...6&category_id=3 but now I see they have new blocks out http://www.koolance.com/products/product.h...6&category_id=3 but it is still 1/4" also I see Koolance now has 3/8" and 1/2" CPU cooling blocks now if anyone happens to be using this system and stumbles upon this post, they are slowly try to catch up with the rest of the nice water cooling system out there and offer 3/8 and 1/2" blocks now