Sound card and headphone, need info

181jenkins

hey guys so i got a new soundcard and headphones on there way, im dont know much about the Audio side of pc's.. im more about oc, games, programing... anyways

i have a set of roccat Kulo stereo on its way, it looks pretty good, and for £50 its about mid range?.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/roccat-kulo-stereo-gaming-headset-with-mic-roc-14-600

and i got this sound card, i asked my friend that is in a band and did music at school/college and also is into his pc's etc... its a

Asus Xonar DGX 5.1

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/asus-xonar-dgx-51-pci-express-sound-card

what do you guys think about this headset and sound card combo?

thanks for reading!

"note", links are only for you guys to see what the spec's are etc im not in anyway trying to get you to but it lol :P

You'll probably be quite happy with the combo.

Personally I wouldn't consider it mid range and also wouldn't find it as great although I have a rather more expensive set of cans that I would consider mid range haha.

Also are you sure you want on ear headphones? I myself much prefer circumaural headsets, much more comfortable to me supposed to squishing to your ears.

You'll probably be quite happy with the combo.

Personally I wouldn't consider it mid range and also wouldn't find it as great although I have a rather more expensive set of cans that I would consider mid range haha.

Also are you sure you want on ear headphones? I myself much prefer circumaural headsets, much more comfortable to me supposed to squishing to your ears.

ahh well i cant get along with the circumaural headsets, they hurt my ears.. so i decided if i got some that was mede to sit on your ear it would be more comfy, as they were made for that, i did have a set that were pretty good, but the top "brace" of them broke, so i had got another pair the same. and again the top broke..

with the roccat kulo it has this "metal-reinforced headband amazingly flexible

plus ultra lightweight at the same time."

ahh well i cant get along with the circumaural headsets, they hurt my ears.. so i decided if i got some that was mede to sit on your ear it would be more comfy, as they were made for that, i did have a set that were pretty good, but the top "brace" of them broke, so i had got another pair the same. and again the top broke..

with the roccat kulo it has this "metal-reinforced headband amazingly flexible

plus ultra lightweight at the same time."

May I ask what headset/s made you realize that circumaural hurt your ears?

As always its best if you can also find somewhere to try the headsets on before purchasing online.

May I ask what headset/s made you realize that circumaural hurt your ears?

As always its best if you can also find somewhere to try the headsets on before purchasing online.

I am curious as well. It is usually the on ear headphones that actually cause discomfort.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing wrong with the combo but if you're not an audiophile you'll be hard pressed to notice the difference between your on board sound & that add in card (assuming you're using a pretty recent codec). As Stonerboy says, circumaural is generally better & more comfortable but it's horses for courses. Enjoy. You paid for 'em.