Looking to get an SSD

Deathmineral

In fact the only reason I recall that particular seagate model off the top of my head was because newegg sent me an email yesterday for a sale they had on that model, and I was about to buy it until I saw the reviews.

You should know that Newegg reviews are usually completely useless.

If you're referring to the 7200.10 or 7200.11 drives...I have at least 10 of them and I've had only one failure in the past 3 years. :lol:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should know that Newegg reviews are usually completely useless.

If you're referring to the 7200.10 or 7200.11 drives...I have at least 10 of them and I've had only one failure in the past 3 years. :lol:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150604

While I agree that 9 times out of 10 newegg reviews are totally pointless, but sometimes you can't ignore them. Seriously 754 1 stars compared to 1202 5 stars on a hard drive? Seems to me like there is a bit of an issue with the reliability :dunno:

Quite frankly (to bring this topic back to whatever topic it has become now :teehee: ) I am hopping that by Nov.-Dec. I will have a total of 1TB of SSD storage and I won't need any HDDs at all. As it already stands my samsung singpoint F3 drive is juuuust now starting to show some signs of dying. So I personally am going to rely on SSDs for their reliability over HDDs.

Where do you backup to?

It depends. I really only back up my pictures, and more importantly, my good pictures. For all of my pictures I back it up to an external hard drive. For my good pictures I put them on CDs or slim USB flash drives for archiving. (and yes, I know I should get M-Disk technology)

It depends. I really only back up my pictures, and more importantly, my good pictures. For all of my pictures I back it up to an external hard drive. For my good pictures I put them on CDs or slim USB flash drives for archiving. (and yes, I know I should get M-Disk technology)

M-Disk? :P. Never heard of it.

I have my machines set to do a system image every week to the RAID 1 array in my HTPC. That way there's very little chance I'll lose everything from a catastrophic system failure.