58 members have voted

1. 1. Movies or Netflix?

• I watch DVDs
    • I Watch Blu-Ray
    • I Watch Netflix
    • I Watch Hulu
    • I Watch another Streaming Service
    • Other?

Hello there OCC! This week we would like to know who people watch movies at home. Are you using a steaming service, or do you use DVD/Blu-Rays? Let Us Know on this weeks OCC Poll!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i watch netfix on the roku and get an occasional dvd from the redbox whenever i'm home, but mostly the family uses these because i'm out on the road across the country,.....sometimes i buy a dvd if i feel like it and it's a good deal when i'm out in the truck, but mostly i just game and social media with friends,....me not a big tv watcher and never have been....

I've ripped & encoded my entire library of DVDs (mainly sci-fi TV shows) and Blu Ray Movies into h.264 .m4v files on to a 3TB shared hard drive. Anyone in the house can play them by mounting it as a network drive on their own computer. I'm working on a building an HTPC to play them on the main TV.

DVDs and Blu-Rays using my PS3, recorded movies that are stored on my PVR as well as movies that can be rented from the service provider of my PVR

I've ripped & encoded my entire library of DVDs (mainly sci-fi TV shows) and Blu Ray Movies into h.264 .m4v files on to a 3TB shared hard drive. Anyone in the house can play them by mounting it as a network drive on their own computer. I'm working on a building an HTPC to play them on the main TV.

I also rip and encode my Blu Rays. I plan on using some sort of HTPC or NAS when I get a house to stream wherever I want to watch them.

I've done this as well and almost every TV in the house has a HTPC attached.... and for others we RedBox DVDs. Most all of my DVD collection has been the Wal-Mart 5.00 bin and/or Big Lots 3.00 bin

lately we've had Cable so we havent used the server near as much and in fact it has been off due to a failed hard drive :(