N.E.A

What is replacing what

Hey guys, I've been reading the news about the new NVIDIA GPUs and got a little confused. Some say the 660 TI will replace the 560 TI by performance segment and price. Others say it will replace the 650 TI by performance and price.

So what is what ?! :D

And if you have any details about the cards size then it will nice.

performance wise the gtx 650 ti will replace the 560 ti, the GTX 660 will replace the 570, the 660ti will replace the 580.

I can't wait for an worthwhile replacement for my SLI 560ti's. I have grown to dislike SLI for anything short of large multi-monitor setups. I sadly convinced myself of the idea of buy the moderate card now and SLI it when it's price lowers to extend it's useful lifetime was good. SLI has proven me so so wrong. I love AA and all, but when using the second card to do that alone is the most effective use of the second card (for more games than not), I just feel misled. Not to mention how Graphics cards stacked like that make any air cooling a challenge on top of adding another mini hair-dryer simulator.

I can't wait for an worthwhile replacement for my SLI 560ti's. I have grown to dislike SLI for anything short of large multi-monitor setups. I sadly convinced myself of the idea of buy the moderate card now and SLI it when it's price lowers to extend it's useful lifetime was good. SLI has proven me so so wrong. I love AA and all, but when using the second card to do that alone is the most effective use of the second card (for more games than not), I just feel misled. Not to mention how Graphics cards stacked like that make any air cooling a challenge on top of adding another mini hair-dryer simulator.

Ummmmm sell your 560s and get a AMD 7950. I was able to sell my 560ti for 150 bucks not too long ago and I am sure if you sell yours as an SLI solution you could probably get 350.....because people are morons.

With that kind of money you could either get a 7950 and overclock it (hopefully they will fix their issue with adobe flash crashing), or spend a couple extra bucks and get a GTX 670 windforce edition or a AMD 7970.

If you have triple monitors and need a high performance card with a lot of Vram I would shoot for the 7970 and prey that they fix their drivers in the next week or so.

Wow, I can't wait for more reviews of the 660Ti to come out, it's looking to carry on the trend of awesome GTX #60 cards, always being the best value!! Hopefully they keep its price under $300 like planned and then the 7800s and even the 7900s will drop in price...kinda mad I didn't wait for it :P

I'm so proud they kept it a 2GB card, 1GB would have kept it from being as good as it is. I hope they don't do a 660 non-Ti, that's just annoying and confusing to consumers. If they choose to have a bridge between 650 and 660, it should be a 655 or something.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Wow, I can't wait for more reviews of the 660Ti to come out, it's looking to carry on the trend of awesome GTX #60 cards, always being the best value!! Hopefully they keep its price under $300 like planned and then the 7800s and even the 7900s will drop in price...kinda mad I didn't wait for it :P

I'm so proud they kept it a 2GB card, 1GB would have kept it from being as good as it is. I hope they don't do a 660 non-Ti, that's just annoying and confusing to consumers. If they choose to have a bridge between 650 and 660, it should be a 655 or something.

looks like TT did a review of the 660ti just like they did with 670 last time, and the performance is almost at par with 7950..

looks like TT did a review of the 660ti just like they did with 670 last time, and the performance is almost at par with 7950..

That review is atrocious (and breaks NDA). Just reading the first page made me vow never to visit Tweaktown again.

That review is atrocious (and breaks NDA). Just reading the first page made me vow never to visit Tweaktown again.

well i was just browsing around the net when i found out about it, but after what they did with 670 last time it's amazing why Nvidia still not taking any action and let this happen again

well i was just browsing around the net when i found out about it, but after what they did with 670 last time it's amazing why Nvidia still not taking any action and let this happen again

Its hard to stop them when you don't know where the cards are coming from. They are using reference cards its hard to narrow that down, its not as easy as it looks :lol:

Its hard to stop them when you don't know where the cards are coming from. They are using reference cards its hard to narrow that down, its not as easy as it looks :lol:

This. Especially since they didn't publish any power, temperature, or noise numbers it's pretty hard to narrow down where it came from.

I was kinda hoping the pre-release drivers would have some sort of tag on them that would report home. If not, it would be a great way to track down unsuspecting people that do this.