Help me decide between these motherboards AM3+

Hi All,

I currently have a AMD 965BE and will be upgrading to the 8150 in 2 weeks.

Right now the motherboard I got I think I may have damaged it but by looking at the cpu support list it doesn't say specifically PHII 965and require to get a new one. Current motherboard is M5A97.

The 2 motherboards I am looking at is the

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 or the Asus Crosshair V Formula Socket AM3+

Please help :D

Just to let you know, unless you are doing any video editing or workstation type application, you should probably keep the 965be.

The asus board is better for the gamer and the enthusiast. The gigabyte board would be better for a content professional who has a crap ton of expansion cards.

What do you do with your computer? If it's gaming, stick with the 965 and save your money. :P

ATM I'm having problems ..........:cheers:........... but with my rig I'm able to play Metro 2033, BF3, FEAR3, Skyrim, and the ME trilogy maxed out. Go for the cheapest until AMD CPU's grow up or you win a lottery.

Why are you buying the 8150 now? Why not get a cheap Bulldozer and wait until later this year for the Piledriver 8350? You're gonna kick yourself if your 'New' rig is out of date by November...

Why are you buying the 8150 now? Why not get a cheap Bulldozer and wait until later this year for the Piledriver 8350? You're gonna kick yourself if your 'New' rig is out of date by November...

Why get a Bulldozer at all? :P

Why get a Bulldozer at all? :P

True. If you want more CPU performance you should probably stick with intel.

If you want to save money, just get a decent middle of the road board and keep your chip.

Oh and for those of you who say to wait for pile driver, you guys do realize that all pile drive is is a bulldozer chip with a slight overclock right? The performance difference will be ten percent at best. It is kind of like the same issue that SB and IB chips are having right now. It really is 6 one way and half a dozen the other so long as gaming is your most demanding activity on a PC.

I disagree, we have already seen the improved performance in Trinity APUs, and AMD have claimed to have improved the FPUs and L1 cache in Piledriver, which were major issues with Bulldozer...I for one am hoping to get a Piledriver chip when they are released