[WTS/WTT] Wii Console w/ 7 games; $30 BNIB Razer Spectre Mouse

aaron6581230

Tempted by this, but still a bit too rich for my blood. What all are you looking for in a trade?

Just fyi, only PS2 backwards compatibility was removed. All PS3s can still play PS1 games, just the older models support PS2 too.

The PS2 compatibility is really the only useful half IMHO, the only games I'd likely ever play again from PSX generation would be FF7,8, and 9 (never played them, well other then half of 7)....everything else I'd leave in the aliased to hell past :P (Ideally they should have kept the PS2 compatibility with software emulation, wasn't that originally how it shipped before they idiotically disabled it?)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The PS2 compatibility is really the only useful half IMHO, the only games I'd likely ever play again from PSX generation would be FF7,8, and 9 (never played them, well other then half of 7)....everything else I'd leave in the aliased to hell past :P (Ideally they should have kept the PS2 compatibility with software emulation, wasn't that originally how it shipped before they idiotically disabled it?)

The original PS3s actually had a chip that ensured >90% PS2 compatibility. Then came the mess of taking that out, putting in software emulation, and then taking out backwards compatibility completely for PS2 games.

Tempted by this, but still a bit too rich for my blood. What all are you looking for in a trade?

Not sure....what have you got? :P

The original PS3s actually had a chip that ensured >90% PS2 compatibility. Then came the mess of taking that out, putting in software emulation, and then taking out backwards compatibility completely for PS2 games.

This. Hardware emulation to software and then to nothing except PS1.

Not sure....what have you got? :P

Well now, aren't you the one supposed to be looking for stuff? :P

Sucks they didn't just work on improving the software emulation, though it wouldn't net them any extra money I reckon and that's why the project ended up shitcanned :-/ . Just sucks because my PS3 is used >90% of the time for PS2 games lol. I may or may not buy a slim ever if this were to die, it'd probably be another fat or nothing :mellow:

Love my PS3 fat. Played old Resident Evil games. Pretty awesome.

+1, mine is a glorified PS2 with HDMI out, a bluray player, and probably my favorite game controller ever made. (also DAT noisy fan :rolleyes: )

Well, I do have a mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Blue switches.. but I'm not sure I want to part with it. :lol:

Hey hey I'm always open for suggestion. If you've got stuff that you MAY want upgraded, this is a good excuse to get rid of it :P

• 1 month later...