pls..help! My Intel E5500 processor clock speed goes down

My Intel E5500 processor clock speed goes down... to 2.8GHz to 1.2Ghz

i dont know why it came to this because i only reformat my computer and before it was ok! same OS! same Hardware....and i tried to fix on bios menu but still got my problem.. i dont know why because on bios menu system info. it was stable and OK! my processor goes to 2.8 and when i go to cpu I.D it shows 1.2Ghz and my games at low FPS! wtf..

my specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

MotherBoard: ASUS P5LD2-X/GBL

System Manufacturer: System manufacturer

System Model: System Product Name

BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/07/08 11:07:54 Ver: 08.00.10

Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5500 @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Video Card: inno3d GTX 260

Pls..help me! tnx...

have you checked power options to see if your cpu is throttling ? control panel -> hardware and sound --> power options --> high performance

yes! and i already change my thermal paste on my processor but still my problem is there...

have you checked the bios to see if the cpu settings are correct like the multiplier and fsb frequency? if it shows correct in the bois it most likely is a operating system issue. try booting into safemode and see if the cpu speed is different

have you checked the bios to see if the cpu settings are correct like the multiplier and fsb frequency? if it shows correct in the bois it most likely is a operating system issue. try booting into safemode and see if the cpu speed is different

yes! and i tried safe mode but it seems CPU I.D not working...,so i cant view my specs there..

You definitely have to be missing something for CPU throttling - look for options called "C1E" or "Speedstep" and make sure they are turned off.

i already did that...but still..haiz!