Mac Users: Did you get OSX Mountain Lion?

neddamttocs

29 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get OSX Mountain Lion?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't use a mac

Suffered? I guess it depends on what you're doing. For basic email, web and document stuff they work just fine. I have a macbook pro because I like the touchpad better than any other touchpad I've ever used. I use a PC for doing real work.

Since Clay is in game design I have the feeling he's had to work with them more than that. :P

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A large number of people actually, including several staff members. An ever larger percentage of staff use an iPhone. :P

True. But, mac & iphone/ipad aren't same thing.

And lately thanks to Samsung, sell rate of iphone isn't where it used to be. ;) Of course we are not talking about blind fanboys here.

I am not a MAC user but I do have a Macbook Pro(See Signature). I did buy Mountain Lion and for 20 bucks its fine. Some nice new features. PC is still Baws!

LET ME GET BOOTCAMP GOING SO I CAN PLAY GAMES!!!

Edited by InCrYsIs

Ture but none of them seem to get a free pass. For example MS is being investigated for having closed API for their moble OS. Now let me get this straight, Apple with millions of units solid can do this and no one cares but MS does this with not one device yet sold and they are investiagted?

Microsoft is always under the watchful eye. Apple gets a pass because they are making MS work harder to stay ahead. Why I have many problems with the way MS operates, Apple is far worse.

It's nice having a laptop that isn't tethered to to wall, and still have performance. That is why I bought my MBP, now I can actually go places and not be looking for an outlet so I can use my laptop(unlike every PC laptop I've owned).

I bought ML, for $20 why not, it's not bad, some nice new features I guess. Haven't really spent the time to explore too much yet, though. Decided to do a clean install of ML, so I've been setting it back up the way I like it, and moving the files I need back onto it from my backups, instead of playing around with the new features.

Edited by RimX

It's nice having a laptop that isn't tethered to to wall, and still have performance. That is why I bought my MBP, now I can actually go places and not be looking for an outlet so I can use my laptop(unlike every PC laptop I've owned).

You can buy laptops with long battery life too you know. :P

You can buy laptops with long battery life too you know. :P

Precisely

Like mine that can stream spotify for 8 hours while web browsing :) however when I want the power for games (yes games a weird thing for a Mac to understand haha) I just plug it in a switch to the dedicated graphics and away I go :D

Precisely

Like mine that can stream spotify for 8 hours while web browsing :) however when I want the power for games (yes games a weird thing for a Mac to understand haha) I just plug it in a switch to the dedicated graphics and away I go :D

There's always boot camp, or vmware fusion, for games. Plus there are more and more games releasing with native support for MacOS X. As for me, I will say that I don't do much gaming on it, thats what I have my desktop for.

Edited by RimX

Since Clay is in game design I have the feeling he's had to work with them more than that. :P

Yeah, we had Mac labs back when I was in Game Design :yuck: .... let's just say I avoided them as much as I could and used my laptop. (actually out rendered their quad cores for awhile until they replaced the POS IBM based Mac Pros with Intels and even then my little Core 2 Duo laptop wasn't that far behind if at all. Luckily when i did use them, the school was nice enough to have all logitech mice plugged into them and not the awful "mighty crappy" mouse.) [/rant about schools forcing the use of macs]

There's always boot camp, or vmware fusion, for games. Plus there are more and more games releasing with native support for MacOS X. As for me, I will say that I don't do much gaming on it, thats what I have my desktop for.

True, I won't agree on MB's only having good battery life anymore (ProTip: Sandybridge laptops, A-Series/E-Series AMD Laptops) but I don't support heavy gaming laptops even more so. They are often heavier, and their battery life won't be as good... desktops are the best way.

Yeah, we had Mac labs back when I was in Game Design :yuck: .... let's just say I avoided them as much as I could and used my laptop. (actually out rendered their quad cores for awhile until they replaced the POS IBM based Mac Pros with Intels and even then my little Core 2 Duo laptop wasn't that far behind if at all. Luckily when i did use them, the school was nice enough to have all logitech mice plugged into them and not the awful "mighty crappy" mouse.) [/rant about schools forcing the use of macs]

:withstupid: I used my laptop in my 3D Modeling course because even at four years old, it was better than mac crap. But in my other classes, I usually just use the macs because I'm too lazy to pull out my laptop. I don't do any homework/assignments in the labs though...they're all done on my home desktop PC. And yes, I suffer with the crappy "button-less" Apple mice.

:withstupid: I used my laptop in my 3D Modeling course because even at four years old, it was better than mac crap. But in my other classes, I usually just use the macs because I'm too lazy to pull out my laptop. I don't do any homework/assignments in the labs though...they're all done on my home desktop PC. And yes, I suffer with the crappy "button-less" Apple mice.

My condolences lol, you should bring a cheap little usb bi-clicker with you (or maybe one you may carry in your laptop bag?), I can't imagine how frustrating you must be forced to use the apple mouse. God it was punishment enough having to remember to reach all the way inward for quick shortcuts with the CMD key instead of CTRL :ouch:

Edited by IVIYTH0S

My condolences lol, you should bring a cheap little usb bi-clicker with you (or maybe one you may carry in your laptop bag?), I can't imagine how frustrating you must be forced to use the apple mouse. God it was punishment enough having to remember to reach all the way inward for quick shortcuts with the CMD key instead of CTRL :ouch:

I do carry my wireless mouse with me, but usually don't bother taking it out. And yes, CMD bothers me.