Budget Casual Gaming Rig (Pictures)

EuroFight

I chose a 6770 for comparison because that is around the same price that a 560ti is available for in my area

I have had a number of overheating/driver issues with 2 different Radeons, the HD5450, HD5570, and my mate has had similar issues with his 7770 GHz edition, so I am reluctant to buy another.

A 7850 is unfortunately out of my budget, so I think I will be going on the lines of a 560Ti, however I will see if there are any other thoughts :popcorn:

Definite overheating, as its meaning is different for a lot of people. Did the cards become unable to render graphics due to high temperatures or just ran hot, and if so how hot??

The 560Ti is a much better card then the 6770 for the same price. (forgot you were in UK)

The cards became so hot the system either froze for 5-10sec, and Windows recognised a driver crash, just blank screened, or very rarely gave a BSOD detailing a graphics issue. The issues got more and more frequent until I was unable to log on. I obviously couldn't see any temperatures before the crashes, but it was not uncommon to see over 90C

Okay I should be able to get the pictures up later this week, providing my camera doesn't break again in the meanwhile...

Edited by EuroFight

• 4 weeks later...