Stonerboy779

Stonerboy's new scratch built speakers

ok so post of pic of the whole room to so makarov, Cespenar, Taz, Mucho, or any other Aussie we got here can plan a shopping trip while your away :rofl:

You should go for a steampunk-ish design and put some bar grills over the woofers. I love the way they turned out!
Agreed, that is a damn good idea.

You should go for a steampunk-ish design and put some bar grills over the woofers. I love the way they turned out!

EDIT: Actually look at these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-AUTOMOTIVE-SPEAKER-COVERS-6-3-4-O-D-VERY-GOOD-COND-BLACK-PLASTIC-/370635377294?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564b970a8e#ht_500wt_1414

With a little sanding to get rid of the Pioneer logos they'd look nice. :D

Had these on my shelf beside me and have some metal corners that i could use too would just need to take a file to the corners first.

Then buy some brass colored spray for everything.

7688180460_8196278644.jpg

ok so post of pic of the whole room to so makarov, Cespenar, Taz, Mucho, or any other Aussie we got here can plan a shopping trip while your away :rofl:

Haha they can have what they want when I go to sell it all in a few months

Edit: I have just though of something better grill wise and that is I should get these grills

FG-120140-BK.jpg

They have a 125mm seperation from the mounting points I only need 110mm which means I can bend them slightly to put them up above the rubber surround of the speaker cone easily and then I think I will knock a few rings out. Keep the two inside and two outside rings and remove the rest then spray lightly with some copper/brass coloured spray paint. Because it is already black a light coat should give a good finish.

I have a bunch of these lying around.

metalcabinetcorner3leg_144162.jpg

Would give the same light coat and would finish all the corners with this. Might straighten out and do something with the excess bars from the grills but that would need to wait.

So what do you guys reckon?

now that was awesome! :thumbsup:

i'll go for the "V" grill. yeap, brass finish would be nice. then sand a bit with it's nook and crannies to make it blend with the box's aged look.

the plastic corner stuff looks way out with your theme :dunno:

now that was awesome! :thumbsup:

i'll go for the "V" grill. yeap, brass finish would be nice. then sand a bit with it's nook and crannies to make it blend with the box's aged look.

the plastic corner stuff looks way out with your theme :dunno:

It's metal not platic and i dont see how it would look out.

ie looky here

1e63515589745ea05d71d94fa7a97a756f6a29fc.jpg

may even make some banding down the sides idk

Also that v grill is really chunky and imo it stands up far too high.

well that with the chest looks better :thumbsup:

edit:

you can have those thin copper sheets at auto supply stores.

Edited by sword_fish

well that with the chest looks better :thumbsup:

edit:

you can have those thin copper sheets at auto supply stores.

Or I could grab some alu out of the garage for nothing ;)

haha I am painting all those additional bits anyway so may as well not waste money on copper.

I like the look of the V grill but if you want the fan grill then maybe think on popping out every other wire for wide spacing or like you said already just leave a few on the inside and out side

I like the look of the V grill but if you want the fan grill then maybe think on popping out every other wire for wide spacing or like you said already just leave a few on the inside and out side

How about this spacing?

7689426848_0dbd6e925d.jpg

Edited the grill to reflect the rings I think I will remove.

It along with the metal cabinet corners will be painted copper in colour.

Unless u got small children or pets do you really need the grills at all?

Wasn't going to use grills at all but the reasoning is to fit a steampunk design now :)

I put together a rough pic of what the final product could possibly look like. Everything copper coloured will be sprayed with a metallic copper spray and then destressed by a dry stiff bristled brush lightly dabbing some black paint.

7690171782_a75f4a9bd3.jpg