Stonerboy779

Stonerboy's new scratch built speakers

those cabinets looks nice and solid :thumbsup:

and i have an idea somewhat to do with my component speakers :evilgrin: pulled them out in the car for quite a long time, damn missed them sing.

are you having those with stands Stoner? what amp you'll be firing those? i'm excited with this :popcorn:

those cabinets looks nice and solid :thumbsup:

and i have an idea somewhat to do with my component speakers :evilgrin: pulled them out in the car for quite a long time, damn missed them sing.

are you having those with stands Stoner? what amp you'll be firing those? i'm excited with this :popcorn:

The boxes are over engineered at 35mm thick and the speakers will just sit on noise isolating pegs. My speaker stands have my A5+ speakers on them.

Amp wise will just use a modded computer PSU and the 200watt rms car amp that's on my shelf.

Nothing special in that department.

However in the speaker driver side of things I did get the Hertz components at $100 off because some idiot made a mistake with the for sale sign in store haha.

over engineered? i dont think so, better than flimsy baffles and walls. and you might not need any of those dampening materials inside. it's a fortress actually against any unwanted noise/resonances i guess :dunno: .

what a steal for that 'breed' of speakers haha! and i can imagine how those drivers sings with a 200W RMS power amp.

i heard once a 120W Focal/JM Lab bookshelf fired up by a 500 RMS amp(just stereo, no sub); twas astounding.

keep those updates & pics coming Stoner! :cheers:

Edited by sword_fish

What crossover are you using? Looking great so far!

What crossover are you using? Looking great so far!

The stock inline crossovers for the Hertz woofer and tweeter and a 5k one for the B&G Neo 3.

I need to use foam and glue to seal up behind the B&G tweeter, I really should have used a router but..... well routeeing my finger has put me off using one for the time being haha

Also rms means shit all if it isn't clean and if you don't have decent enough speakers. My A5+ speakers really sing and I ain't sure if they are even 50watt ems but they are exceptionally clean and have a nice tonality. They are punchy enough and excel in the highs but do need a sub for more base heavy listening which is why the RCA pre out is good.

The audioengine A5+ are 50rms. You could always add a s8 sub to the pre out, that is surposed to sound great.

The audioengine A5+ are 50rms. You could always add a s8 sub to the pre out, that is surposed to sound great.

Already have a sub added to them :P you really think I wouldn't haha

Today I should be adding clear layers to the speakers, might be firing them up tuesday.

Hope they sound as good as the boxes look man good job and MOAR pics please :rofl:

Hope they sound as good as the boxes look man good job and MOAR pics please :rofl:

Patience there isn't much to show while varnishing :)

I will take a heap of shots of the gear going into them when I get back from droping my sister at school.

Some pics of the stuff going into the boxes.

7672704358_de12878359_c.jpg

The speakers

7672707554_14c66aec21_c.jpg

7672703008_864192ff60_c.jpg

7672701482_2998f41880_c.jpg

Crossovers

7672698762_fbd39ed0ff_c.jpg

B&G tweeters

7672697414_e5cd55d87a_c.jpg

Spikes

7672696116_174baa3473_c.jpg

7672694746_c2abf6f447_c.jpg

(My phone may be shit and old but these shots are why I like it still)

Connectors

7672699860_76a20598fe_c.jpg

(might end up not using these because I my be putting them into something different not sure yet)

Stain and varnish this stuff is expensive

7672693178_53c8ebbe78_c.jpg

And a crappy shot of the mottled look atm.

7672705984_504f2ae8a1_c.jpg