Windows 8, whos gonna buy it on release?

neddamttocs

66 members have voted

1. 1. Windows 8, whos gonna buy it on release?

• I will buy it on release
    • I will buy it, but wait until a Service Pack
    • I will buy it, but wait until most of the bugs are gone
    • I will not be buying it
    • Undecided
    • Other

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the beta installed. I don't mind the new look. I just don't see a reason to jump right on it. There is nothing gained. Not even IE 10 or a new DX. So I don't see a reason for a release day purchase. Somewhere down the line probably though.

I'll be using win7 for at least another 3-4 years. If something is out around that time thats worth upgrading to then i'll start thinking about it.

If it was not for dx ver supportand gaming, I would still run XP SP3. Vista being awful, was going to upgrade to W7. Waiting for the hopeful price drop when W8 graces the IT world with its presence.

Well if you follow MS's trend, Windows 3.1 was good.. Windows ME bad... Windows XP awesome,,, Windows Vista BAD.. Windows 7 Awesome ...so Windows 8 bad (myguess) and Windows 9 ??? might be good :P

so I am not buying Windows 8.. I have MSDN, so I will try the 3rd release though..

Edited by Gremlin

Well if you follow MS's trend, Windows 3.1 was good.. Windows ME bad... Windows XP awesome,,, Windows Vista BAD.. Windows 7 Awesome ...so Windows 8 bad (myguess) and Windows 9 ??? might be good :P

so I am not buying Windows 8.. I have MSDN, so I will try the 3rd release though..

It almost goes like Intel's tic-toc strategy.

Generally it's good practice to skip every other MS OS release. :P Windows 7 works for what I need it for, so I really have no desire to go out and purchase an upgrade (at any cost) unless the reviews show me that there is something truly magical about Win8. I may get a free copy via MSDN, but that will likely be installed on a VM and forgotten about within a few weeks. I'm just not a fan of the UI changes or metro in general.

THIS

If it was not for dx ver supportand gaming, I would still run XP SP3. Vista being awful, was going to upgrade to W7. Waiting for the hopeful price drop when W8 graces the IT world with its presence.

I was able to get a full W7 Professional off Ebay for $70 (NOT OEM) - both 32bit and 64 bit

I had put in a bid and then was outbid but got an email from the seller asking if I still wanted it.

Great opportunity - Brand New Package.