For the car guys and gals

Black64

Crawl out from under your rock.

+1.

My friend is driving a '79 f150, 300 + k miles on it, stock engine w/ new belts, and of course new suspension to allow for 35s. I don't think its spent more than a day of its life in the shop.

on topic, sweet color.... um yeah thats the only thing i like about the car.

Again, this AMD vs Intel style argument about the reliability of a ford is a very pointless argument. The reality is that ford has checkered past when it comes to reliability. Does that mean that every ford off the lot will die withing 10 miles of the dealership? No, but that also doesn't mean that every single ford is going to be reliable as the ford YOU own either.

Being an ex biker, would not have interest in owning a car. However, that GTR is just gorgeous. Only the RS Focus comes close to me for me being english. If you have got the dosh, why not :)

I hired a Caterham (1.8 K-Series, slightly modified) the other week for my birthday. Bloke in an RS Focus thought he would try and do one on me, and was left for dust on the straights and bends. The guy was a bit pissed off and overtook myself and about three cars behind a tractor "to prove a point". Well done, sir! (and I drive a diesel Focus that I love - so not a Ford hater :thumbsup: )

So yeah ... RS is nice, but lots of quicker and more raw cars for a LOT cheaper these days. Can get a brand new Focus RS, a Caterham and a couple of years' running costs for the price of the GT-R :) Still, I'd take a bike for speed any day of the week, if only roads were safer here. Drivers in the UK are dreadful - my dad was a bike instructor and practically begged me to not take my bike test, for fear of other drivers wiping me out.

Does that mean that every X off the lot will die withing 10 miles of the dealership? No, but that also doesn't mean that every single X is going to be reliable as the X YOU own either.

X = pretty much every car manufacturer ever to make a car.

Ooh, look! Numbers...

Britain's MOT failures

Kind of meaningless data in a way, when Ford and Vauxhall (GM), each have more cars tested than Kia, Nissan, Jaguar, Volvo, FIAT and Chevrolet combined.

The data doesn't state what the failure is for - remember, that if a bulb, wiper blade, tyre, brake pad or disc is spent, it will fail the test. Surveys are often funded by manufacturers themselves (though not always) and are subjective to how someone wishes to report the data. Take all of these surveys with a pinch of salt, namely for response bias amongst other things.