For the car guys and gals

Black64

Actually YOU must not have owned a Ford before. Doesnt matter if Im 16, the world knows Ford is one of the most unreliable manufacturers but I suppose you Americans are always prejudice to your own cars

DSCN5682.jpg

hmm thats odd.... i could of sworn this thing i drive every day was a ford, oh and a Mustang at that, meaning i HAVE and DO own one. 140k, no issues whatsover, beat the . out of it every once in a while as well. Running perfectly

And yes it does matter (your age not so much, talking mainly about your unexperience with fords or cars in general ). Unless YOU have owned one, YOU have driven one, YOU have maintained one, then anything you say about Fords is just an assumption with no backing to it.

Mustangs are a weird creature. I have seen mustangs from the mid 1960's to early 70's that still run great with the original engines and 200K miles on them and I have seen 2011 mustangs that dies after 20K miles.

You guys would be sitting here for the next 8 months trading blows over the reliability of a ford mustang, or any ford for that matter.

this is very true. Really just comes down on how its taken care of tho (as with any car)

Uhhhh no. Audi, porsche, lambo, and mercedes all have made super cars that are actually pretty well built and stable machines...minus the convertible versions of their super cars because all convertibles suck in their own special way.

The audi R8 v10 in particular is extremely fast, about the same price as the ford GT and is a very stable car. Even the stock version of the nissan GT-R would probably outrun the ford GT and it is an extremely reliable car.

So there are reliable super cars that aren't as "neurotic" as you think.

What alternate reality are you living in?

What alternate reality are you living in?

Don't get me wrong waco. These cars do have their own little quirks, and by no means are they as stable as some 4 door volvo. However, what you said about all super cars being "neurotic" is an extreme. All I am saying is that if you take YOUR reality of super cars and put it on one end of a chart and then stick a Honda civic or a Toyota Camry and stick it on the other end of the spectrum, super cars would probably be somewhere in the middle and leaning more towards your reality.

There are only a few super cars that do break down as often as they do in your world and that would probably be the Ford GT along with a handful of other NEWAGE cars.

That's available to. LINK :thumbsup:

I'm disappointed that its not done up as a DeLorean should be. Where is the Mr. Fusion or the Flux Capacitor? But in all seriousness, a good price. There aren't to many of them around and the last one I saw in person for sale was priced at $120,000 at a swap meet in NH a few years ago. It was probably in a little better condition than this one, all new interior and what not, and they were probably asking a bit too much for what it is, but it was also about 5 maybe 6 years ago as well.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Modern Fords (the last 10 years) are pretty damn reliable in all aspects.

:withstupid: and following up on the "stupid americans blindly supporting american car companies" cheap shot, where's South America's world renowned super car(s) :P

back on the thread topic, I love the GTR and respect it highly.... but the only car I'd get with bookoo bucks is one that's amazing AND practical. (unless something far improves on their methods by the time I'm a multi billionaire :evilgrin: )

have fun at the gas pumps :cool2:

porsche-918-spyder-concept-6.jpg

Edited by IVIYTH0S

How much have you spent "fixing" the car recently? :lol: 76K miles really isn't impressive at all though. When you break 200K and it's still running well I'll be impressed. :teehee:

All I've bought for it so far is the alternator. :lol: The tune is the previous owners fault for being a retard and removing the o2 sensors.

I have owned a few Fords and used some for work as well, they have been the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned or driven.

The only other car of mine that was really good was my Grand Prix GTP that was a great car.

The main thing with that GT-R is there is no existing warranty anymore so if you pay 124k and the whole . breaks you are in deep mud (too polite to say ****).

I don't know if someone already mentionned the warranty thing though I did not bother to read the whole thread.

Found this on eBay, scoll down and look at the upgrades. I want this, but if only I had the cash.... This has to be one sweet ride!!

Being an ex biker, would not have interest in owning a car. However, that GTR is just gorgeous. Only the RS Focus comes close to me for me being english. If you have got the dosh, why not :)

Edited by Transk53

Actually YOU must not have owned a Ford before. Doesnt matter if Im 16, the world knows Ford is one of the most unreliable manufacturers but I suppose you Americans are always prejudice to your own cars

Crawl out from under your rock.

I have owned a few Fords and used some for work as well, they have been the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned or driven.

+1.

My friend is driving a '79 f150, 300 + k miles on it, stock engine w/ new belts, and of course new suspension to allow for 35s. I don't think its spent more than a day of its life in the shop.

on topic, sweet color.... um yeah thats the only thing i like about the car.

• Like 1