SSD controllers, synchronous vs. asynchronous

I think the issue with the slow down would most likely be the NAND difference.

There's no way you'd ever see the difference without a benchmark. :P

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh my mind is full of crap right now lol... So the end result is the Vertex 4 is the way to go right now huh? I'm gonna ignore that ADATA S510 thats on sale at the moment then. But dam it seems like a good deal at the moment...

I'll wait a little bit and see if the price drops a bit more if it happens to go on sale.

This is my personal opinion, but i will never buy from adata ever again. Newegg was having a sale on some 4GB flash drives from adata and I bought about 20 (I use them to do mini back ups when people from around the neighborhood "need help with their computers" :glare: ).

Now because I can be sued for loss of data (I really need to write up a waiver :wacko: ), I will take a strand of hair and place it in a way such that the cap of the flash drive will hold it in place.

5 of the 20 flash drives have died and ALL of them had the hair strand still inside the cap. There could still even be more flash drives that have failed, because I have not needed to go back to everyone's house to perform back ups................yet.

When a memory company can't make flash drives right, it really sends a bad message to me.

Flash drives are iffy from all companies. You should never rely on them to hold data for long periods of time.

There's no way you'd ever see the difference without a benchmark. :P

I noticed a difference. It was a very mild performance difference that you probably wouldn't even notice if you are an average PC user. That much IS true. However, it is incorrect to say that you wouldn't be able to see a difference at all.

Flash drives are iffy from all companies. You should never rely on them to hold data for long periods of time.

Yeah, but this was within a year. They should at least be lasting for a year to two years.

And plus, unless I use DVDs ( which are fine if people could keep track of them :lol: ) there is not a cheap way to back up data that these people are happy with. A flash drive is the cheapest way I can back up data while at the same time keeping people happy.

I noticed a difference. It was a very mild performance difference that you probably wouldn't even notice if you are an average PC user. That much IS true. However, it is incorrect to say that you wouldn't be able to see a difference at all.

Did you...or did you think you did? :P

When I ran my old triple-HDD setup I swore it was faster than a single drive but it really wasn't.